Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bronze, Silver

Started by Bot [3321992] on in General Discussion.

24 replies · 601 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Bot [3321992]

How's life like in factions that are lower than gold?

How's life with no perks? What's the point?

Is it possible to make decent income there, or why do ppl join them?

 

Sometimes I have that crazy idea to try warring in Bronze cause it should be easy and with my (low) stats I'd be one of the strongest ppl there.

 

But how much worse is income there? Do only leaders profit from wars taking 20% of caches? Or even they don't?

 

[image: media.licdn.com]

Kornord [3614041]

It's pretty calm. I don't have much experience with other factions in this range, but I'm fairly certain that those that aren't farms and have a somewhat transparent leadership tend to pay well!

 

And we still have perks here, just not as many. 

Bumbi [3177056]

Most of the time people will be at this level either because they're new or they're more of a casual player. Depending on amount of respect you can still have some perks. Like we're at about 440K and we have all the essentials.

 

Warring is different here, even when you try to term. With the amount of noobs on both sides there's always some kind of miscommunication. They still fall for stuff like level holders, and do stuff like try to bounty you. Overall I've had fun here so far.

Darkfall [2465123]

I can assure you competitive growth and aspirations are still very present in the lower end of the "faction total respect scale".

Less perks definitely has its drawbacks but usually this is understood and something that we all enjoy working towards unlocking as a collective, we earned it.

Money is definitely to be made, there is an entire ecosystem that abuses this low member count high gold matchups, you may have heard of them.

 

Cant speak for every faction out there but i personally take literally nothing as far as the profits from the faction, i'm more in debt now servicing the needs of my members than i have ever made in wars.

 

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bot [3321992]

there is an entire ecosystem that abuses this low member count high gold matchups

That's interesting

Could you please explain how it happens

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I posted something similar the other day but this still holds:

 

Plat, diamond: RW is money, I like money, but la it's so boring 🥱

 

Bronze, silver: f**k your money we have drama ⚔️

 

Lower metals is not about that boom boom boom 🤑💰🏦, but about that BOOM BOOM BOOM 💥 ⚔️🔫.

 

Negotiations for terming are much more complicated than they should be with the added bonus of sometimes often not being communicated properly to faction members.

 

There's often this complete lack of understanding how status icons update and how the API works, which leads to unnecessarily angry responses when onliners are being hit during termed wars (basically the war page is laggy at the start of war, and the API takes time to update, so online status in API and on status icon may not match each other, much less the last action).

 

Add in the fact that lower metals have no clue how hidden rank works or that even the lower metals are being farmed, and that rank isn't about pride but about finding your sweet spot to farm winning and losing with the best pay to energy ratio..... And basically half the time you get a complete shit show.

 

Sometimes you get a sweet decay war though.

 

But anyway if you have 1x 1b+ statter you're likely for Silver I +/-. Need 2 to get into upper silver and a handful more to get to Gold.

DedeSiregar [2430598]
  1. If you have 1b-2b stat, you can earn 100m a week in bronze just by selling lose.
  2. If you have 4b stat you can earn 200-400m a week in silver just by selling lose.

 

That is if money your only intention and you are lazy as f**k to fight real wars.

 

Also please show us your pay out sheet. I hv seen carbon and pt. 

 

GFawkz [3014862]

When you have a solid core group that is trying their best to achieve something and grow as a collective, hitting milestone after milestone, perk unlock after perk unlock, There's nothing better. 

Simik13l [3193350]

For me it was about building a wholesome community for new players to learn at their own pace, we had 1 on 1 off wars (pretty standard for other factions) and I was teaching them how to play and they also got to see their impact make a difference after wars and chains. They got to see the armory grow with new slots and items, new perks every week. And for my noobs a year ago they saw an impact on their faction through their effort and performance. Even though they were small they saw how much they mattered to the growth of a faction.

 

And when they left for better things, because I actively encouraged them that once they felt confident they should seek out something more. They took that confidence with them and a decent majority of them are very successful in their torn experience.

 

I then decided after 8 months of running things that I wasn't feeling it anymore and began my hop around to start taking care of myself. The drop of OC 2 brought me to the fallen family, but they saw my self made potential and even some of my faction members have began to flock into the family to fight beside me once again. That filled me with the pride in knowing that I wasn't some basic bronze rank cache farm, I was a valued leader to the members of my bronze faction. 

 

Bronze and silver while they seem pitiful and garbage, they can build a strong core if picked up by a leader, and not a cache farmer or faction flipper (because who wants to follow somebody around who is flipping factions just to have to lose 3 days of benefits and also start over from scratch every time?)

 

As for me, I'm still growing but my knowledge and my insights into faction building started two months into my torn journey, and the knowledge of leadership is a valuable tool to faction families. 

Callaghan [1316121]

I'm guesting in a bronze from a Plat and let me tell you, bronze peeps war harder than most for tiny amounts of money. They also all seem more emotionally involved rather than being practical and terming things out like most higher ranked facs do, maybe because they tend to be newer and less jaded? Either way a bronze faction will try to foil you if you outmatch them and won't just term a loss even though that would be easier for everyone.

HabeasPorpoise [3616301]

I met my arch nemesis in a bronze war. Just some guy that took it way way too serious. It was fun though, both sides are usually noobs trying their best without really knowing what to do. 

BobrKurwa [2841258]

Silver fights. You get drama if real fighting.

 

My main income is passive.

But I really like real fighting.

 

It's more like skill and activity in that case.

NutPunch [2303736]

Just because someone is lower than gold rank doesn't mean they have 0 perks ! 
Some people enjoy building a community or be part of a smaller community that will grow with you or just more casual players as said above .  There is definetly money to be made for members even if not as good as platinum or diamond rank.  I could imagine some other leaders make more money than me as we don't take leadership cut but we invest  30% of all rw income  towards the faction armoury for xanaxes,meds boosters and other drugs and of course better rw weapons !

 

and yes you get real fights here every week! I don't even bother to reach our to the enemy anymore as it's pointless . If you want blood instead of boring termed fights you only have a few options as a high respect faction . If you don't make the cut there you'll have to come down to us .

Nitebreeze [3363363]

Wars in the little leagues have been tons of fun and fairly profitable. I made 126m from our last war. 

 

Sometimes the cost of war is greater than the 10% our faction takes as its cut. 

 

As for perks never had them so I don't miss them. Happy with how much I've grown during my time in torn. 

PhoqueYou [3366164]

I have fun honestly, I don't have to take it too seriously, perks aren't really a problem, I came here to Torn to have fun, and that's what bronze/silver factions have given me :)