Are the awareness merits just a scam? It doesn't seem like I'm finding any more items in the city than I did before I put merits in awareness. Also everything i do find now seems to be low dollar crap like cpu and spray paint.
Awareness merits
Started by KALHOUN [3707151] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 43 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 51 / 100
You will find mostly useless crap even with 10/10 awareness merits. But you do find more stuff, and the more stuff you find the more likely you are to find something good. I have 10/10 merits, and I have averaged 1.5 item finds a day over the last month. A friend of mine who started the same day has 0/10 merits, and has average 1 item find a day over the last month.
I've got 5 points in awareness and don't find an item everyday. But it only increases the amount of items spawning not the quality. So yes you will still find a lot of low value items. The best I got so far was business class ticket, drug pack and erotic DVD.
I have 5 points too, but sometimes I can't find anything for days.
Some people can make a fortune finding stuff in the city. The overwhelming majority will not. As a newer player there are better things to spend your merits on like education time reduction, extra nerve bar, extra crime success etc.
In the 8 years I have played I have found $2,273,141,093 worth of stuff in the city. This seems like a lot but is a little less than $3000 per day. Buying beer at bits and bobs for $10 per bottle and selling it for $600 per bottle pays much better.