Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What's good manners around jailbreaking?

Started by ZaphodBeeblbrox [3258812] on in Questions & Answers.

14 replies · 244 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
22
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

ZaphodBeeblbrox [3258812]

First time I said thanks and asked if they wanted anything, got ignored. After that, I just figured they jailbreak you to get a stat or reward and take it for granted. Is there a proper response?

CockyNudist [2209950]

Chat boxes pop up right where people need to click. So they probably ignored you because it got in the way, but they also might have just closed the window trying to click on other people to bust. I have actually done the latter when trying to fight over low level busts before 🤣

 

Sending them 1 beer with the message thanks on it is probably better than sending a chat box.

Lantian [3029152]

At level 100 it's a blessing to be busted though.

LBC is not a huge expense, but always better to get a free bust :P

 

Charra [2230731]

I'd much rather receive a beer or the like than a message because as CockyNudist mentioned, chat windows can get in the way, especially if on mobile.  i NEVER expect anything but a little token of appreciation is nice sometimes.

 

I tend to send alcohol in return for busting me out. It's just a little thanks and to help pay forward the nerve the person spent on me.

Ygaria_Varr [2811829]

I send beers and a thank you for busts.

 

That's the least they deserve; yes, you do get a merit, but you also lose E. 

 

I can pretty much guarantee that players doing busts are too busy to talk to me, so beer it is!

 

Kaedynn [3253015]

My Thing is to send 2 xan as appreciation. That goes for jail busts, someone pays a bond to get me out and free-vives. Afaik all of that uses valuable e and I like to show my appreciation for them choosing to use their vital e/money on me to help me out. 

 

Edit: I see charra above saying busts use nerve. I'll change xan to a lot of beer for busts. Glad I saw that! Nerve also takes valuable time to replenish. 

dunmugmeh [538353]

I am one of the big busters in the game. Its nice when people send me a thank you chat/mail and sometimes a little present.

 

It isnt necessary though. The reward for the buster is more merits and making busting cheaper for each attempt in the faction upgrade.

Oook [2559571]

On 9754 busts. Exactly what CN says. I dont even like people chatting in faction. Play on phone and the chances are you want the last bust on the page.

LoveLlama [2867654]

If i get a message, I just reply with a <3.  I have occasionally been sent drugs, alcohol, or money.  None of it is expected, but I appreciate the gestures.

SeaLion [250755]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ignoring is fine its what 99% do. Chats can be nice. Sometimes do chat with people bit after or if I bust a noob that was arrested for busting a noob I try to offer them $1/100 days 1K happy mansion, and say if they still in it in that time they failed and send to T&G. Gifts are dope, but not expected. I really only gift to names I see a lot, and will send like 5X beer etc. One of those things where we doing it for CE/fun anyways. 

 

But out of my almost 13K busts I have maybe got 100 gifts, and probably few hundred chats and messages. The vast majority are ignored and that's what I expect from the average player.