Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Quaternionic's Graphics

Started by Quartemioric [3375600] on in Graphics.

10 replies · 130 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
Quartemioric [3375600]

Looking for: $8M per profile pic commision

$8M per faction description image

$4M per faction banner/company banner; 9M for a faction banner + description package.

Ask if you want something else done & I'll look into whether it's in my skillset

 

I don't use AI. It's not within my skillset to produce GIFs; static images only. What I typically do is find a base image on google and edit it to add a player name or other stuff. (Below: Added all source images, removed backgrounds, tweaked colours a lot and added text; added text and a vignette; added text, a vignette and extended the background; added text, extended the background, moved the artist signature and added the pink glittery trail). Example work is below.

 

 

 

Plus some work to demonstrate my drawing capabilities if you want something drawn

 

 

 

 

 

Quartemioric [3375600]

Bump. Had quite a lot of fun making the graphic below; I haven't really played with hue/saturation/contrast maturely before. The source image of the seal was all orange and gold and vibrant, and I had to tone it down quite a lot. Colours fit together well in the end result I think, and got to play around with putting borders on non-square objects (the text) again :P

 

Quartemioric [3375600]

I'll go through the design process for this profile pic.

 

 

First, I spent a bit searching for a good base image of the character (Delia, from Fallen Aces)

 

 

You'll notice that this is shorter than the profile picture. I had to extend the image vertically to match Torn's profile pic dimension requirements and add space to put the text at the top. I recoloured the bluesky logo, added attribution and messed with the location a few times so it would appear above this banner:

 

 

And designed what text to put at the top using https://cooltext.com/, spending time choosing how I wanted it to look

 

 

to obtain the first draft:

 

 

I wasn't satisfied with this and had to work out why I didn't like how it looked. I decided to layer on both of the following two vignettes:

 

 

And change the text:

 

 

 

 

I still didn't like it and decided to increase the strength of the fading vignette, move the vignettes upwards to show the background behind the text and changed the text colour to get the final result

 

 

 

$8M torn dot com dollars equates to about £1.13 in real world currency. At UK minimum wage that pays for less than 6 minutes of labour. I think it's a perfectly reasonable rate for at least an hour of my time.