Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stock inactive?

Started by LadyKillerQueen [3694088] on in Stock Market.

9 replies · 261 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
NichtGersti [3380912]

I'm not certain what you're talking about. Are you talking about the dividends? If you click on it it explains what you have to do to activate them.

Nuts [3012443]

Have you opened it for 50 points yet? Its in point shop

And there is no "buy low and sell high", only long-term investments and money-safe place

NichtGersti [3380912]

At 98 days she probably has and iirc the stocks page tells you to buy the stock-ticker if you don't have it.

Also there is "buy low and sell high" just like IRL, wtf are you talking about? Stocks have a fluctuating share value with a long term trend upwards (as stated by Ched afaik). Yes, long term investments and dividends are safer than day trading, but it is possible to do it and it can be successful.

Check out this thread.

Mentions: Yet Another Stock Advisor (YASA) Rejuvinated

Nuts [3012443]

Yeah you right, but it changes for 1-2% every month, it would be tiny amounts of money without billions of dollars... Irl we have sharp stock price movements what give us a chance to earn some money, but in torn all peaceful and quiet in stock market

NichtGersti [3380912]

You're just straight out wrong with this.

Stocks can change 1-2% and more in a matter of days. 1% over a single day is even pretty common. Your argument works against long term investments and for day trading, since with the right investments it's faster. You have to make the right investments like IRL, but if you manage to do it right it IS faster and it's most definitely possible to do so and people ARE doing it (thread mentioned above).

 

I'm not saying it is the best way. I'm not saying it is a safe way. It's not at all, just like - you guessed it - IRL. The only real difference to the ups and downs to real live is stability. You can't suddenly double your investment over night, but the same goes the other way around, you can't lose it all over night. Basically that evens it out.

 

I'm also not saying that anyone should be doing it. In my opinion(!) the best way is to go for the dividends and just keep the money there. The upwards trend of stocks is just the bonus on top of that and not reliable. I do invest the leftover money that is not enough to get a block with or that I would withdraw before getting a dividend anyway in stocks that look like they could make me money short term (successfully btw since I started to care about that, but that's just an anecdote).

R3adyTwin1 [3897236]

So I want to invest in torn stock (in game obviously) but it keeps telling me I need a stick ticker.. I'm not sure where to find one, if perhaps I'm playing on mobile makes a difference.. does anyone have and solution to this issue so I can start investing??