Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attack Settings

Started by TartanSpartan [3135704] on in Questions & Answers.

4 replies · 524 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

TartanSpartan [3135704]

In the Attack Settings how do you set it for defense when offline? I'm not sure what to set the primary, secondary, melee and temporary bars to. I have secondary reload set to "OFF" and temp set to 100, but other than that idk what to set the others to. Does anyone have a link they could send or info that would help? It would be much appreciated thanks

Blessed be 🙂🙏 

Adamastor [3363350]

Depends on your loadout, If you have a good bonus Secondary might be worth it, However it is advisable to have at least Primary on as well as Melee, in case you find yourself against someone attacking you with a Parry.

Standard imo

-1 (Primary)
-0 (Secondary)
-1 Melee
-100 Temp

Knirt [3033570]

I copied this from a guide I made for faction. 

 

[image: i.ibb.co]

 

The sliders go to 100. Many think that it means a 100% chance to attack with that weapon when set to max at 100. This is not true.

 

 

 

The odds are actually cumulative. So in this example we can see that my secondary is set to 100. Temp is 20 and primary is 18 with melee at 1. They total 139. So for the first round of the fight the odds of me using my secondary are 100 / 139. The odds of using my temp are 20 / 139 and so on. These odds will not change until something changes. I could run out of ammo or clips or use my temporary or even be disarmed. 

 

 

 

When something changes the odds change too. So you can see in this example I will most likely fire my secondary until empty as it will not reload. There is a chance that I will use any weapon slot but most attacks will be from secondary. I have a 39 / 139 chance to not use my secondary, a 18 / 139 to use primary, 20 / 139 for temp and just a 1 /139 chance to use my melee. These odds will not change until something changes. 

 

 

 

My plan is to empty my secondary first. Then I want to focus on primary until completely out of ammo and clips. At that point I will melee until the fight ends. I also want to use my temp which happens to be a flash grenade. But I don't want to use it first or my attacker could wait it out. With these settings I have a good chance they will use theirs first meaning if they wait mine out they loose theirs too.

 

 

 

So let's see what happens as the attack continues. Let's say I use my secondary until it is empty. Once that slot becomes unusable the value is reduced to 0. At that point the new odds change to 20 / 39 to use temporary item, 18 / 39 to use primary and 1 /39 to melee. So my next action is 38 / 39 either temporary or primary and because my primary will reload it is extremely likely that my temporary will be used before the primary is out of clips and shots. When this happens the temporary is set to 0 and the odds are 18 / 19 for primary and 1 / 19 for melee. When primary is finished the odds are 1 / 1 for melee until the fight is over.

 

 

 

Understanding how these odds change can greatly help you defend if the person attacking is close to you in stats and gear. My equipment in this loadout is for a rifle primary and my secondary is a pistol with a defensive ranked war perk that I would really like to apply. However my rifle does better damage and is better on ammo so I am only willing to use the pistol for one clip and hope the perk is applied at least once before I go all out with my rifle. My melee weapon also has a perk (eviscerate) which would be really great to have used once...however this weapon even with the cool perk does really low damage. So if I were to make my melee more likely to be used as my other slots empty out I might find myself using the melee too much and missing the big damage from my other weapons. This melee is mostly for offense so that I can see that it is only used once.

TexasTuberTim [3069367]

It depends on your weapon and temp loadout IMO.  If you want to share your loadout privately, I will give you my recommendation.