Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Temporary block

Started by Oook [2559571] on in General Discussion.

15 replies · 335 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
27
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
Oook [2559571]

TEMPORARY BLOCK
This error has been generated because you have made too many requests in the last minute.
You will be able to access Torn again in 53 seconds.

Refresh Page

 

1st time buying daily dimes

2nd time doing crimes 

 

If you don't want us spamming it do it like opening a billfold or something 

Shooby [2510470]

QoL cuts into player retention. Unfortunate reality of games designed like this. Even if it's just a couple extra minutes of inconvenience a day, it's a couple extra minutes you're on their platform and not doing something else.

nippythefish [2488304]

Your suggestion is worthy of a kick in the balls

 

E:

 

Delirium disliked your post

 

What, you WANT a dumb animation in between every single ticket purchase?  

VaguelyCanadian [2678408]

yeah, I've had the same thing before during wars refreshing an attack page on someone who I expected would try to med out.  Of course they medded out during the 60 second lockout and I couldn't make my hit because of it

Hornz [2220919]

As someone who hits said block from time to time, it takes an assload of requests for it to happen. The limit is quite reasonable. 

 

Instead of making a GD post to moan, you should have made a B&I post so developers could look into what you were doing at the time, what exactly triggered the block, and if there are any unexpected issues that caused it. 

Asemov [2270413]

Would actually be really nice if they exposed this in the headers, I've triggered it while developing new scripts and I can't figure out what's causing it - Usually it fixes itself after a few hours.

I figured it was because I have a script connecting to my own internal API system I'm working on, but the issue disappeared after a few hours.