Hello again. I'm a returning player after a long time. I do have questions when I should do a level up.
Looking at recent guides, I see all of them tell you to rush to level 15 in order to receive important perks like traveling.
My question is, do I continue to rush levels when needeed to? Should there be a reason to hold back?
When to Level Up
Started by DarkChaosReign [1033272] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 9
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
There is no reason to hold back level as long as your battle stats match your level a bit. But after level 15 don‘t focus on leveling, focus on getting stronger and you will level up passively (through wars or missions)
Health is the 5th stat , I've leveled up naturally, chains will level you up quickly. I've just leveled when I've been offered it. Level holding is completely pointless
Personally, I only leveling only up to lv 75 (Last 2 free merits beside lv 100)
Besides free mug area when aboard its pretty enticing, well not really, but it helps for sure
Rule of thumb is, your rank in battlestats should be 7k ish better than your rank in level (HOF page).
Reduces the risk to be farmed for respect
I found that as long as my rank in level was no more than about 7-8K higher than my rank in battle stats then I was under the 'good levelling target' radar.
Overseas muggings tend to drop off after L20 or so as long as you don't have your bazaar open/items on market.
This. After 15, don't actively work at levelling up. Focus on gym stats instead. Levelling will come naturally from your faction's chains and wars.
Purposely holding levels makes no sense in my opinion but being very strong for your current level has it's perks.
When is the right time to level up? I dont really know when I should just hit that level up while avoiding being understat.
Staff edit: Spam
Just level up when you can. It's better to not be listed on the last page while you're abroad since that's where everyone goes to get a quick kill, and having more health is always good.
Not sure what the obsession is over becoming a levelling target - unless you do it to an extreme, most people aren't going to notice you. Tbh if you do a fair amount of attacking along with training, you'll likely have to level hold a long time to equalise battle stats with level in the HoF rankings. And if you're fighting someone of equal strength but lower level, you're a lot more likely to win with a bigger health bar.
Karma is the fifth stat.
Unless you had a very specific strategy in mind that uses level holding, just level up whenever you can