Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Need quick math

Started by Abetting [2016807] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 128 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Abetting [2016807]

So in those moments of my life where my dopamine is running on E and my gambling finger gets twitchy, I'm trying to find new ways to talk sense to myself. 

 

Can any smart people give me a credible enough math answer for something along the lines of: 

 

You're more likely to win absolutely $0 three hundred times in a row before you hit jackpot or x2000 or whatever. 

 

If you've got other creative ones feel free to drop them in here too.

 

I'm sure this could have gone in gambling also but since it's still primarily a question I figured here is fine.

Shooby [2510470]

I don't know math for such odds but I do know

 

05:39:12 - 15/07/24 You gambled $10,000,000 on the slot machine and won $20,000,000,000 with: Atomic, Atomic, Atomic (Radioactive x2000)

nihilisticcat [2112766]

Not sure on the radioactive chances, but jackpot chances are *very roughly*:

 

~1:175k @10m spins, 
1:350k @1m, 
1:700k@100k, 
1:1.4m @10k, 
1:2.8m@1k, 
1:5.6m@100, 
1:11.2m@10

 

So if you spend 150 tokens/day on 10m spins you could expect to win the jackpot in ~3.2 years at a cost of 1.75t minus incremental gains for probably a net loss of ~400-500b minus w/e jackpot you win :P

 

Now if you instead do that with 10$ spins you'd instead spend 112m over a little over 204.5 years, at a net loss of around ~30-40m, so be with the jackpot you'd be in theory in the positive 

 

Ofc account sharing is a feddable offense, so if you passed your account on to your next of kin it would likely be fedded unfortunately, but hey, maybe immortality will come about before then :)

BypXByp [3243346]

I'm not sure any sort of math with help your self control.

 

This sounds like you're looking for a way to justify what you know you don't want to be doing.

Abetting [2016807]

Talking sense to myself is the primary way I get myself to pause before making impulsive decisions. And usually the pause is all I need to detach myself from the allure of whatever I'm thinking about doing or distract me long enough I just forget about it and by the time I come back to it im able to dismiss it more easily.

Kaedynn [3253015]

The best way to 'talk' sense into yourself, truy, is by your mouse and your finger.  Or just your finger if you're on mobile. 

 

Go to settings: 

 

2nd from bottom in the menu.

 

Input the longest time it will let you put.

 

click 'do it'. 

 

sense is had, money is safe, you're happier for it. <3

 

And to stay true to what you asked for: 

 

The best way to make 100% profit is by not gambling a single cent. Otherwise, you spend triple millions to maybe win a million. Math isn't my thing. But even I can see how bad that is haha.