Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mobile gambling

Started by sloppytoppy1 [3805039] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 50 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
sloppytoppy1 [3805039]

I can't work out how to search on mobile, this has probably been suggested, but I'd love to be able to gamble while I'm on a plane or in a foreign land. 

 

With how ubiquitous online gambling is nowadays, it feels weird to be traveling and be unable to play a bit of blackjack or place a sports bet or whatever. We've already got laptops to make viruses with, why not have a gambling site?

Trailblazer [2926943]

This has been suggested hundreds of times, the answer has always been a resounding no because flying is meant to be boring. It's free money, go watch youtube or troll on the forums or something.

sloppytoppy1 [3805039]

It's not like I'm sitting there staring at the flight screen. The problem isn't that it's boring, it's just a bummer to be sat at the bar, see that a game's coming up, and not be able to make some stupid bets, or have to ground myself for a faction poker night. 

 

If the devs just aren't into it, it's whatever, just feels like a restriction without a reason. 

 

Edit: the "free money" bit disregards opportunity cost. I'm likely making more from flights than I could from crimes, gambling, racing, whatever else, but I'm locking myself off from all of them gainz

WhiteMage [1503353]

This is one of the things that is confirmed to never be happening. Much like flying in real life, there isn't much to do. Yes, some flights in real life offer internet. So technically, yes, you can gamble online in real life while you fly. You know who does that? People who are addicted to gambling. Get help my friend. I would post the number to the hotline myself but I'm sure it would get flagged as advertising. 

sloppytoppy1 [3805039]

When I'm spending almost all my waking hours in the air to fund hjs, it doesn't feel like a problem or an addiction to want to use up the day's casino tokens and work towards merits. It's a mechanic in the game.

 

Again, if the devs are confirmed to not be into the idea for whatever reason, that's fine. It was just an idea I had, sitting at the bar. You don't have to be a condescending prick about it.

sloppytoppy1 [3805039]

Part of me wants to pivot to your interpretation, but I'm too autistic to allow the inaccuracy. 

 

This is a genuine suggestion! My thoughts and feelings are valid!