Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction options

Started by Irunel [3905739] on in Faction Discussion.

3 replies · 144 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Irunel [3905739]

I played previously for four years with an eye towards becoming a professional resurrector, and then our faction leadership changed and the new folks dismissed all of my exiating agreements and understandings, so I deleted the game, I already have a job where they treat me like crap.

 

I've restarted from scratch, I know it's going to be years of effort to get back to anything useful, but is there any way to faction for stability, or do I just need to be ready to drop and jump around constantly?

DedeSiregar [2430598]

You can go back to your old account instead restart.

 

Rules of thumb tho:

  1. If it is not your faction, don't even bother. Just contribute, do your job, and that's it.
  2. Don't be loyal to institution. Loyal to the ppl. And not just any ppl. In christianity there is a saying: Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
  3. If it is your faction, don't sell its ownership to anyone or sell it for anyone. My faction is mine n mine only.
  4. Dont ever restart again.
pestilence101 [445588]

I don't think you can or should expect 100% stability from any faction. This is a game and faction leaders are players the same as everyone else - if they want to change direction or take a break from leadership or quit, then they're perfectly free to.

 

If you join a bigger established faction, then it should be fairly stable and you probably are set for a good several years. Even with smaller/newer factions, you likely wouldn't have to move constantly... unless you want to of course. I'd actually recommend visiting different factions and getting a feel for what they're like, since each faction has its own social scene and way of operating, and you might find one you strongly prefer over others, that you wouldn't have known if you hadn't actually experienced it.

 

I'm not sure why you restarted your account... but if you're looking to be a reviver, it doesn't take too long to get started on that track, so if you like the idea of a clean slate, you're fine starting from scratch.