I am so happy to be writing this right now. I know what you're thinking, tl;dr is at the bottom.
I love gambling. It's a ton of fun, and it's what I do most of my time on Torn. About 7 months ago, I was open a cache for fun when this happened:
Yayyyyy! :D
Obviously, I was super excited. I instantly posted on the RED WEAPON SELLING THREAD about my new pull, hoping to make some decent money. Sadly, there was not a single bite, no one was interested. I thought I would be able to wait until it sold to start gambling again, but as the days ticked by, I yearned for the RR lobbies and poker tables. Eventually, I decided to get some loans for gambling, using the weapon as collateral. The first few days went fine, I got a 1b loan from SPQRobur [3426956] in the morning, and at the end of the day I would pay back 1b plus a 25m fee to get the weapon back. I kept winning and buying the weapon back, we were both winning.
A few days later, however, SPQRobur was offline when we usually did our morning loans, so I went in trade chat looking for other people able to give me a loan. Very shortly after, a person I had traded with before by the name of Thedarkweb [2853898] chatted me offering a similar deal to before, except the loan was for 600m instead of 1b like before. I played like usual, won a bit, and went to buy it back. Unfortunately, that's when I learned that Thedarkweb was not as trustworthy as he was before. He refused to let me buy the weapon back, making up tons of excuses for why I couldn't, before he revealed that he had sold the weapon to LegendaryKing11 [2804919] for 1.1b, without LegendaryKing11's knowledge that it had been stolen. I had been scammed out of the weapon that I felt like was solely mine, one that I had a pretty emotional connection to.
Sad :(
Over the next 7 months, I monitored the journey that this weapon took. From me, to scammer, to trader, the weapon then was sold to GadonT [3301882], then to a The_teej [3449728], and then it landed in the hands of SnowVicane [1774084] who kept it for many months. These first few transactions all happened very soon after I got scammed, but after SnowVicane got it, it stayed with them for many months. Two days ago, I checked the auction house and saw the quicken bushmaster on auction, where it ended up selling to JohnnyTwoGuns [3651030]. This morning, I messaged him, asking if he still had it to sell, but he unfortunately did not, he had traded it to Heart [3034011] only a few hours before I messaged him.
This is where I re-enter the story. A few minutes before making this post, I decided to reach out to Heart to see how much they wanted for the weapon. They responded with a firm 1.37b. After lots of thinking, I decided it was time to end this bushmaster's journey. I set up the trade, and bought it.
A slightly expensive rebuy lol
Moving forward, I don't really plan on doing anything with the weapon. It doesn't really fit my build well, and I have access to many better weapons from my armory. However, to me, this weapon really feels like it's 'mine', so in my inventory/loadout/display, it will stay, for many years to come.
An image happily taken from my inventory
Overall, this has been a crazy journey. This weapon has changed hands 7 times in 7 months, and has been inflated by trader after trader. I ended up paying more than double what I bought it for to get it back, losing 770m in the process (This weapon loves the number 7 I guess), but maybe I'll get some karma out of it? ;)
Thank you to anyone who's read this far, and thank you a ton to everyone who's been a part of this weapon's journey. Except for you Thedarkweb.
Tl;dr - I got scammed for a RW weapon 7 months ago and finally got it back today after keeping track of it the whole time and noting its journey.
I'm in an amazing mood, 100 Xanax will be sent out as thread dividends to people who post below
Mentions: Heart [3034011] · JohnnyTwoGuns [3651030] · LegendaryKing11 [2804919] · NRD2nd [2905417] · SnowVicane [1774084] · SPQRobur [3426956] · The_teej [3449728] · Thedarkweb [2853898] · yak [3301882] · RED WEAPON SELLING THREAD