Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The Last Mall Standing: Congrats Slashers!

Started by rainbowsaurus [1884204] on in Fun & Games.

1,426 replies · 844 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 1,427 / 1,427 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

KylaK [2930086]

Good morning. I’m surprised to see Bumfluff is gone.  I was pretty sure he was red when I voted for him the other day. Now I need to get a coffee and read all the new stuff. It’s back to the drawing board for me as I haven’t a clue who to vote for today. 

Lance_everlast [3387429]

Goodmorning

Didn't talk much day 1 

I understand voting inactives as they are basically dead weight.

The glowing lips/drunk are intresting as we dont know what it changes so we should keep on eye on it.

As who to vote today rn I'm not really sure and want to hear others opinions 

Apate [2348539]

(I might not be around much today as I won't get home til pretty late, but I'll give this the time I do have.)

 

Regarding Bumfluff: Kind of a weird choice..? Could've shot for an investigatory or protection role; intentionally going for one with no ability and that could be used to scapegoat is definitely interesting. I haven't played with y'all nor spectated any of these before, so I have no idea who would go for something like that, but what y'all are saying about him being basically fear-killed makes sense.

 

I'd wager a bet if it was a fear-kill, though, that individual likely wasn't calling out or throwing suspicion on Bumfluff the previous day. Imo, someone who's knowingly killing a useless role first night just because the player intimidates them, isn't going to risk drawing that player's attention before they get to do so.

 

I second what Daisy said about Lemon likely not being the killer here, due to Bumfluff's reading them as town.

 

It's also possible the kill was intended as a setup to make either of those pushing him (Kylak and MrChapsticks) look suspicious, or attempt to redirect attention towards them.

IMTheDrew [2183878]

Given that it's been 12 hours, it seems as if it's safe to say no one's powers have given them anything substantial for us to go off of, although I certainly understand keeping your role close to your chest so early (heck, I'm doing the same)

 

However, we do need to start mobilizing and voting someone. Is there anyone people want to hear from or have any sus on?

 

Honestly, today, it seems like everyone is a bit...I dunno, cagey. Certainly less activity than yesterday (granted that was 48 hours rather than 24), which I suppose I understand, but I for one wanna see some movement, people!

 

Vote Goober

 

Thoughts? Anyone? 

pestilence101 [445588]

I need to go through my notes again and come up with more thoughts before I vote one way or another (it's 8am just woke up 😴)... however I agree, we need to hear from more people.

 

Who I wanna hear more from - pretty much everyone at this point.

 

We can speculate on why Bumfluff was killed till the end of time, but we need to start moving towards action.

Wood [2175573]

Sorry all, had a busy weekend and am getting caught up.

 

First off, Book Recommend - I have so many fantastic novels, but I honestly really enjoy the Leviathan Trilogy. It’s steampunk WW1 and focuses more on political intrigue than actual fighting or trench style combat. It’s a YA novel as well, so not too hard to get through.

 

I’d like to say, at least as far as roles are concerned, the town has lucked out on who’s been killed so far. My understanding, after reading the rules, is that the Mall Santa wasn’t REALLY a mall Santa (is that what Drunk means? Or does it simply mean he was the mall Santa but he was poisoned somehow that turn?)

 

Bumfluff being killed was pretty awful. I read them as green so that makes it once step harder for me to gather allies I trust in. That being said, I am willing to give my role away whenever anyone asks. I know there’s no way to corroborate it this early, but I’d like to become a trusted townie this time through hah.

MrChapsticks [2047548]

Im curious on the goober vote are they inactive if I'm correct I dont think i have seen them post but id have to go back through the forum and reread.

 

Besides them being inactive do we really want to risk the possibility of another town being lynched because they are inactive?

(again that's if he is i haven't gone back yet)

Daisy3 [730750]

The only way I know of to make people talk is to vote for them.

 

Vote CreatorX

 

This isn't a hard and fast I know you're red vote.  It's more of I'd like to hear your thoughts vote.

PurpleFire [2868362] Committee Committee

I'd like to hear more from Wood, JhayArZ, and JellyQuestionE5.

Maybe I missed it but not finding their votes from night 1? 

Also, Warriordud voted for Ched after he died and never changed vote?

Anyone else got thoughts on these folks?

Daisy3 [730750]

Yes, Warriordud and jonny just aren't reading, posting or playing.

 

If all else fails kick them to the curb. lol

KylaK [2930086]

Warriordud is high on my list to vote off for inactivity. However, hoping to hear from others before the end of the day. 

Daisy3 [730750]

okay, i just want to say inactives drive me crazy BUT almost never are they slashers/reds because the other slashers on their team will message them and tell them to talk or else.  The slashers might not be talking a lot but they are saying enough to keep in the game.

 

They are fine to vote if there is seriously no one else but its not really wise because we would be killing off a green.

LemonLad [3241409]

Haha, remember the snow cabin game you ran?
I was desperately trying to get my team together but one of them just straight up ignored me.

Luckily the other person decided to respond or else I would’ve become a solo act day 1 😂

Daisy3 [730750]

lol, i know it's hard because i always want the greens to win but I want the reds to have fun as well. And I know some people just hate lying and being on the red team. The goal is to play enough games so you feel comfortable playing on either team. 

LemonLad [3241409]

Anyways, full transparency here.

Most of my social deduction game experience comes from Werewolf Online.
And a rule of thumb in that game is that you never random vote because chances are, you’re gonna friendly fire and boot someone from your team with a powerful role.

And if not, you’re gonna lynch the fool or the target of the head hunter and instantly lose the game.

So, most players just wait until their seers get notable info before lynching.

 

I know this is contrary to a vanilla mafia game where there aren’t many unique roles and the only information you get is by voting someone and starting drama.

 

However… I fully believe that for this particular game, we should also not random vote even though we won’t lose from doing so. Because:

 

  1. With such a large pool of innocent players, we are most likely gonna just lynch one of our teammates, and we would be royally screwed if they were our strongest investigators or protectors 
  2. We have quite a few investigator roles who should be able to get quite a bit of info
  3. We should introduce ‘scarcity’ into the equation. The slashers only get to kill once per night and have to get rid of 12 out of 16 of us to win. Which means that a kill is a very rare and valuable resource to them. In other words, if we don’t random vote, it would take them 12 entire day/night cycles to win. But if we start random voting, it would only take them 6 day/night cycles. Which means we are literally halving our available time to catch the slashers.

 

Hence, with these reasons…

I VOTE [ABSTAIN]

Daisy3 [730750]

LemonLad your reasons make sense to a point.  Unfortunately this isn't a majority vote that includes abstain.  It takes only one person to vote another for a day time lynch.

 

I think it was Jhay that said a while ago, the game picks up toward the end of the day. This is very true.  If you can be online at the end of the day, it's really important. That's when you can see votes moving around and who pops up to say a few words and the votes can change quickly.

 

I like the timing of this game but I know not everyone is in the perfect time zone to be on at day's end.

MrLuna [2127461]

Gonna fly by and do a thought dump before i go do my internet dailys

 

I'll start of with what i can see here than try and recall back previously

 

To Mr Lad (LemonLad) in short it's

Ms Daisy (Daisy3)

Mr X (CreatorX)

Mr J (JhayArZee)

Mr Drew (IMTheDrew)

And moi (MrLuna)

Also maybe Ms Q (JellyQuestionE5) for a game or two?

That said generally just because we have experience with each other it's more of a familiarity than anything and any advantage that may bring it's pretty negligable (imo) since a newer player with some skill or experience can also pick on the same things we might notice from each other

 

To Mr Drew I'm sure some info has been found but it's that allure of that one more night mentality, with a player base this big that allure is even more present so i'm not suprised on the cagey-ness of everyone

 

As for my thoughts well after looking at the player roles i count about 9 potential Town roles with no limit nightly powers and 2 mafia roles no limit nightly powers, which is a nearly 20-ish% (depending on which roles are in play) chance that any nightly visits being potential mafs, so if anyone who has a follow/watching ability finds someone moving at night just found someone who is 20-ish% maybe a red.

As for where I'm going with this I'm not too sure yet you asked for my thoughts and that was it

 

With that in mind I also found Ms Q's day start post intruiging as she kinda soft claimed a role with maybe a one shot night skill or is one of the other roles with contingency abilities which she makes her either one of the two possible mafia roles and a hand full of town roles, not sure what the chances of that atm but it definitely low

 

Ok i'm spending way too long composing this, so brb for now 

LemonLad [3241409]

True, unfortunately I can’t log on at the end of the day to try to sway votes, but honestly that doesn’t really affect me that much since I’m just gonna keep abstaining until I get something substantial