Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

SMTH Companies - A Breakdown

Started by Brizo [2715469] on in General Discussion.

116 replies · 1.67k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 117 / 117 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Asemov [2270413]
  • Dormant accounts

  • Or “seat-filler” accounts that exist mainly to occupy company slots

 

It's likely these two, having played multiple games with large Chinese groups - Even when one "quits"

They will still continue logging into their account.

These are likely people who are no longer playing but are being convinced to just log in once in awhile.

I have an Oil Rig operating like this, employees who don't play, but log in often enough to keep them on payroll.

MacCheddar [2931034]

Im doing city jobs atm to finish stuff i forgot in the beginning and.....hell i get tons of DMs by SMTH companies.

Its ridiculous, all accounts about 1 year old, own company, stats around 1b. All MCs or PSFs.

Definitely no FAFO gameplay there, they all seem precisely timed going for goals.

We did war them once and it was like fighting a masterbrain and its tentacles. Pre-attacks, then a well timed push and....poof....all merced with strickens. A whole faction.

These dudes seem like a chinese prison camp to me, theyre too organized. Bet my ass theyre literally sitting in the same room.

Ata [2507441]

Yes, cause there's a billion of them. If someone pays 10 people to join Torn, that's fine (cause u cant prove they paid) but if someone makes 10 accounts thats sus. This is the gist of a problem.

 

I believe that yes those are different people but they exist in Torn solely due to instructions of the bosses. 

 

I would suggest to add to the mix employee age and days in company and compare these numbers with age of the company. My hipothesis is that they:

  • create a company
  • create accounts
  • Join those companies 
  • Ensure people log in once a day and make 2 clicks

 

Their system does not break the rules because they learned how to avoid it, especially cause they have millions of potential people that are willling to click the screen for few yuans a day. I'd fed all of them cause bosses are making real life money.

Kiratea [3061877]

Well, yes they did create a lot of accounts through a lot recruiting, I'm pretty sure there's no RMT in the process, though, as I've seen a bit of their recruitment process myself.
First, the players are drawn in by recommendation posts and such advertisements from different Chinese platforms and forums, which I've already mentioned.
Then, each player in SMTH, after being a member for a while (exact requirements I do not know), were allowed to 'look after' a new recruit or newbie by themselves, and they were given instructions and directions (by SMTH) on how to raise their new player to:
1. Ensure the player stays in Torn (Through by providing them with resources at the risk of having no return if the player abandons their account)
2. Maximize benefits (Recruit rewards and such)
Of course the new players goes through a similar process in which they learnt the ways of the game, some stayed, some don't, some became barely active, and I'd guess they're directed to join companies as their knowledge of Torn comes from SMTH, not Torn itself. (Hence you barely see any of them hanging out in the forums and such.)

OnlyFans [2327704]

I am not sure what exactly would come out of this investigation. Maybe they are being paid irl just to log in, maybe they are huge groups that min max everything. 

 

Someone else mentioned that they are very highly organized in ranked wars. I remember we tried to report the entire November Chopin faction to president Xi Jinping to slow them down.

 

In my personal opinion, and judging from their company recruitment they could be simply using the advanced search feature for anyone unemployed and then not care if the player makes an active effort to progress in the game.

 

TLDR: Report any suspicious SMTH findings to the CCP

Brizo [2715469]

What makes it not whole if you can please elaborate? I went through all factions with SMTH, then their respective directors. Am I missing data? If so, if you can let me know what I am missing and I will rerun the analysis

 

I'm sure you can agree the stats don’t really agree with what you would consider an active player. So although I understand it’s one of the biggest groups in torn city, then please explain why the a lot of the directors employees aren’t in any SMTH faction or a similar brand? The statistics dont lie and they’re not pretty viewing for an “active” company.

 

i agree with your last line and i think we’re both in agreement here that SMTH companies do not pay their employees, so there must be some other benefit that you may be alluding to.

 

it'd be great to get an insight into how SMTH do their recruiting of (nearly) perfect employees if you do have any information that you are able to supply would be fantastic

Brizo [2715469]

By whole, my definition is everyone associated to SMTH. Every single faction was went through and compared against their current jobs. I thought that would be explained in the original post when I mentioned it was SMTH Companies breakdown.

 

if you can check any/all employees in the excel sheets attached and find me some that were found via the forums that are inactive and please prove me wrong, but with almost a third being inactive, I can guarantee it wasn’t these forums that were used.

 

I do agree salaries will roughly be the same, but if you look at any of those accounts who have little activity (so just under 2,000), then I can guarantee none of them will be getting any form of salary, or if they were it’ll be likely a tenth of what you’d usually get.

 

i understand company type do depend on salary like AN and that, but this focus was mostly to the bigger types like your mining corps, PSF etc..

Brizo [2715469]

By poaching you mean these “directors” miraculously finding these players that don’t login or do anything in the game?

I will await omanpx further data which he has gathered from all other companies within the same bracket as SMTH before commenting,  and if it’s what I expect it to be, then I’ll fully expect a reply from yourself again.

b1zon [2504699]

Think you're speaking to a brick wall there brother. Either language barrier or not wanting to give off too much because of a language barrier. Either way his responses sound more robotic than GPT's 1st iteration and won't answer any of your questions (because they're the type of questions people don't typically answer to in a public setting)

Beerstein [1322136]

 

  • 14% of employees have taken fewer than 10 drugs in their lifetime.

 

Lol. Definitely representative of the average Torn player. Crazy that staff have been turning a blind eye to their company bullshit for so many years now. Other directors have to stab a bitch just to get 1 non drug user.

 

Honestly the drug usage number alone is enough to be absolutely certain cheating is going on via feeder accounts.

Brizo [2715469]

The drugs I could get if I had such a small dataset - but 14% is literally over 800 accounts. I've yet to meet a person doing SSL, nevermind 800 of them!