Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Question about a paragraph from Torn City Times

Started by Gravity [2131364] on in Tools & Userscripts.

20 replies · 167 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Gravity [2131364]

 Has anybody done this? Is this an okay script to make, rules wise?

Limitations are supposedly 100 calls per minute max 20k per day.

 

A quote from the Torn City Times : https://www.torn.com/newspaper.php#!/articles/2351

 

"This is just one of MANY applications that scripting has! You can set a script to look up a user profile every 5 minutes, and record their online status. Log that data into a spreadsheet, then use your data analytics skills to map out when they’re online/offline, habits and trends when flying, and how often they get mugged. Combine that data with a list of everyone's elimination team (also available via API) and you'll have yourself a literal map of when to stomp down a team and take their tickets."

Kaedynn [3253015]

lol if I had that and did my own activity, it'd be 99% the brightest color all over that graph XD

 

I live on Torn istg.

Omanpx [1906686]

I love how this random thread got derailed by a simple heatmap :D Benji might be on to something, though i doubt it would take off as much as wordclouds did.

 

Allenone [2033011]

Wild how accurately that reflects my schedule.

 

Although looking at some of the others- some people just don't sleep eh?..

Ni-Rex [2946482]

this is insane in all the best ways. I'd like to request your stalker skills for myself pretty please? (btw, you should charge for this info. just not me :P )

Gravity [2131364]

My per user is helpful for seeing a particular persons averages to know who to hit and when along with when their big guys are on to turtle as needed(data is gathered using the faction api to lower api calls.) Also I wrote my script in ruby so maybe FAT could be more beneficial as long as you don't need to keep a page open. I have to keep my ruby console open(one per faction) and I manually(for the time being) split it every 7 days. For 14 people a 550kb file a week will start up adding up but I thank that will be fine.

It is smart of you to track everyone all the time but players tend to change up their play style when war happens. For example your chart of my online time does not seem to account for when we war and I stay up all night. Although you can certainly guess my timezone. As you can see from this graph, your chart is a bit off a bit.[image: i.imgur.com]