Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Disabling Backgrounds

Started by Elzeothis [2961389] on in Suggestions.

21 replies · 77 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

BritishBenji [2257611] ×1

Elzeothis [2961389]

Suggestion:

 

Can we please implement a toggle - in settings, directly below disable honor bars - to allow players to disable backgrounds? It makes profile loading resource intensive and slower, especially on mobile platforms.

 

Thank you.

 

 

 

Personal note: To be completely honest, I'm just not interested in aesthetics.  I'm here for the meat and potatoes, not the window dressing.

2-3K [2366953]

+1 for the performance on mobile platforms. What particularly annoys me is when I land abroad and have to type in the number of items I would like to purchase and then torn loads an animated 3D model and gives my motorola e13 an aneurysm

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter


I thought you could already just turn them off?

 

I just checked and have switched mine off without much hassle 

 

edit : just click the bar at the bottom of your selected background on the points shop. Took me 2 tries on mobile due to fst thumbs 🤣