There’s a 50/50 chance that this might very well be a forever one, after all, I’m currently in a Shack and sent away all my stuff for now. We don’t know if it’s forever; but it very well might be. If you don’t see me for one year straight, you know what happened.
reducing torn addiction
Started by Ana [2233184] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 101 / 101 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Wait why? 😅 the whole reason I’m back in college for it is because I don’t have the self discipline for finance/accounting (boring asf) - you can’t say this new field is boring. Also torn is just a game. The other thing is, torn has nothing to do with what you do with your life and career, and I can actually afford to choose something I don’t get bored doing.
If this were anything more than an attention grab I might offer some advice, but nah
just f**kin ana
A year straight, 10 years straight, I know my days on the forums will be easier not having to check if anyone has let you get above 0 karma anymore.
(This could be it ladies and gents!!!!!)
Theyre saying that because engineering is exactly not boring. You need to be disciplined enough to follow rules and do shit correctly when it comes to engineering otherwise your shortcomings will hurt someone.
Jesus f**kin christ it's a text game not an airport departure lounge
No need to announce you're leaving
People who have to announce their departure for social recognition don’t need to announce they’re leaving, because nobody cares…
Shut up at least I’ll be contributing to SOCIETY
No and self discipline can be learned (it’s only the first year) and I’ll be contributing to SOCIETY
If it's anything like you've given to this society, they wanna lock there windows and doors.. 🤣👋
Don't let the door hit you on the way out 🤡
If you look at the screenshot you’d see that the closure date was 8 days ago that I was already trying. So like, torn addition can show up in a variety of ways, just because it doesn’t look the way you expect does not mean that it’s invalid nor that I wasn’t trying to fix it :p
I mean, I’m literally not the only one who has this, the convo I had with that person also said the last time they tried leaving was only for 3 months in 2021, 4 years ago. And that’s the first person I spoke to, too. It’s a common symptom and , even if you don’t want to help ME specifically, your advice here can help many readers and lurkers who may be going through the same thing, who’s reading this.
however, I’m not really asking for advice, just documenting my journey to INSPIRE everyone else suffering torn addiction.
We need a thread section specifically devoted to those leaving Torn.
Best wishes Ana~ [If you really are quitting]
Hey Ana,
I think the safest way is to give me all your stuff. I will give it all back when you pass your exams :)
I already sent it all already, I’m in a shack dude
Games are not jobs. NEVER set alarms for games.
Really? You wrote that? Lady, do I need to pull out the old forums where you looked the other way while people were getting abused in the game all so you could get a few more dollars?
Just give it up. You will never be seen as a hero. Settle for honesty.
I have so much anxiety that I have discovered I actually need the faux stress from Torn bc otherwise I'm just sitting there filled with adrenaline for no reason, with nothing to apply it to.
Torn is nice bc I can scale my in game stress load to match how much anxiety I need to "use up".
Not enough stress? I can create some.
Too much stress? I can back out until it's "just enough".
🤷♀️
Nobody needs fresh documentation of your spiral, theres enough of that out there already.
I've known several people that "try" to quit shit in the past, they have all eventually crashed out and are no longer people I would associate with.
Do yourself and anyone close to you a favor and just log out while you need to.
Ana, I was your biggest advocate until you decided to become what you are now. You could have joined up with us and become notorious as a group instead of leading your one person intentional downfall, like you have. I guess this is how you decided you want to play the game, and that's fine. Bit weird, though.