Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Newsletter missing

Started by Swaggerly [2632226] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 42 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
Swaggerly [2632226]

Spoke with Mica and went through the usual checks (correct email, spam / junk folder / search for george@torn.com, etc). I have not received the most recent Sept 2025 newsletter. I have had no problems receiving other newsletters in the last couple of years. George@torn.com is added to my whitelist. I have tried having it resend 4 or 5 times with no luck. Mica said to post issue here, so..

 ♪♫ so here I am.... rock you like a hurricane.♫♪

 

Swaggerly [2632226]

Perhaps. My email used in my account is a privately owned IMAP account owned by me and hosted by GoDaddy.com. I've whitelisted george@torn.com

Swaggerly [2632226]

Update
Looks like GoDaddy, my IMAP host, has an email quarantine program that itself has been dumped in my junkmail. Several emails from George landed there.

In short it is the host. Not trusting me to just manually delete and ignore/block or unsubscribe (from legit lists) they added what looks like an AI Quarantine system. This is new. I found the email with a list of 100 emails quarantined by the system in my junk mail folder. A couple had george@torn.com emails.

rant

I don't have time to sort out BS Gen Z programming surprises err enhancements. 
Maybe they announced this but for God's sake Gen Z, stop automagically adding services to people's accounts. Let them opt-in rather than assume we want a robot to "help". It will take more time to fix this help than the original task of manually deleting emails I don't want to keep and occasionally unsubscribing.