Back in 2019 I used to run API queries using JSON script embedded in a spreadsheet. I could get certain fields to download and ignore the rest. The API request for JSON looked like this -
IMPORTJSON("https://api.torn.com/company/?selections=stock&key=MYAPIKEYHERE","/company_stock/Beer/sold_amount,/company_stock/Cider/sold_amount,/company_stock/Wine/sold_amount,/company_stock/Cocktail/sold_amount,/company_stock/Shot/sold_amount,/company_stock/Soft
These days I am using the API Connector function in Google Sheets and give it a request URL Like this
https://api.torn.com/v2/faction/members?striptags=true&key=MYAPIKEYHERE
How would I code the URL if I only wanted to download fields for members.id and members.name?
Apologies if you feel this should be in Q&A forum.
Noob Question
Started by Wiber [2065939] on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 4
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 71 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 26 / 100
- Engagement score
- 47 / 100
Most-liked replies
- DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee
· 2 likes ·
Looked into what the API Connector is and what it does, and I figured it out. What you need is called JMESPath, which can be found in the advanced output section. For your goal, the JMESPath you need is 'members[].{id:id,name:name}'
Looked into what the API Connector is and what it does, and I figured it out. What you need is called JMESPath, which can be found in the advanced output section.
For your goal, the JMESPath you need is 'members[].{id:id,name:name}'
Huzzah!, thankyou so much.
What are back end functions