Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mythical items?

Started by thiensulk [2209507] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 151 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
thiensulk [2209507]

Imagine knowing an item exist, and is said to be at a specific country. But when you fly to it and stake out the place for a whole day without any sight of the darn thing being in stock to buy. Does it really exist or am I just really unlucky?

 

I’m talking about the mythical Dog Treats and Afro Comb. I tried to check for availability before flying, taking the chance of just fly and see but never to see it. Not even once. But yet, it’s all over the market, being sd by other people. Can anyone share ways to obtain these items?

uwulya [3768564]

Afro comb is in SA. not sure why you'd want one, but they restock a couple times a day. 

 

From what I understand, dog treats were briefly sold in London but they are no longer restocked there at all. 

Alvara-X [2678496]

Hi so according to wiki,  "Added Dog Treats to be sold in the United Kingdom with low availability" - if the availably is low it might not even be worth it to fly for them specifically 

 

It might just be better to buy it from the market or any bazaar.

 

Why are you looking to buy an Afro comb? Is it for a merit?

nihilisticcat [2112766]

Ched kept flip flopping on adding and removing OC items abroad when OC2 started and prices were all out of wack to try to curb supply vs demand, likely the wiki hasn't been updated to reflect the most recent changes, I'm pretty sure they're not available anymore (probably won't be unless another new, powerful OC needs 'em in the future and the market goes nuts again)

 

Edit: last relevant update from 7 months ago:

- Removed Zip Ties and Dog Treats from being sold abroad 

Mentions: Patch list #370 : 21/01/2025

thiensulk [2209507]

Yeah, I'm looking to get the "Souvenir" honor and the merit that comes with it. According to the guide I found on it, I supposed to get the Afro Comb for that merit.

thiensulk [2209507]

Thanks for linking the update. I guess that means the Dog Treats will have to be acquired else for the basic OCs, or maybe the one that requires it will be remove eventually.