Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Make it Slow

Started by Chenzo_Deluxe [3807755] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 219 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Chenzo_Deluxe [3807755]

Duke just gave me a mission that requires me to take down a target in one hit after 7 turns. Taking him down in one hit isn't an issue, but with my speed stat, I can't miss the guy. Is there some way I can pass turns so this mission is possible?

Busta_Chrymes [2859467]

You can use a flash grenade and taser. This will have the added benefit of making it harder for the other person to hit you. The taser is even weaker than the pillow, can stun them, and you can reload it every other attack. Or as others mentioned, pillow/cattle prod.

IndyCision [2597200]

You don't have to take them down in one hit, you just have to take him down on the 8th or later turn.

Equip either a pillow or plastic sword, and attack while under xanax effects for further reduction in your stats.

Throwing a temp counts as a round - so start with that.

Then pillow/sword 6 attacks

Then use your primary gun to finish them off.

 

Edit: As busta mentioned - the taser is great too, as each reload also counts as as turn.

Chenzo_Deluxe [3807755]

Thanks for the help, everyone!

 

The mission specified that I needed to take him down in one hit after 7 turns, but as you all said, I just needed to take at least 7 turns to win, which was easy once I grabbed a cheap rusty sword from the market.

 

They should really fix that in the wording. 

Etroll [3468835]

I have the same mission right now.

 

Defeat x after 8 turns or more in a single attack.

 

Seems pretty clear to me.

IndyCision [2597200]

Every time you spend 25e to start a fight, that is an attack.

(With each attack having up to 25 turns before it stalemates and you automatically lose)

 

It is worded like this so that you couldn't, for example, think that this would be a way of completing it:

Start a fight, it lasts 3 rounds before one of you dies

Start another fight, it lasts 3 rounds again

Start yet another fight, you defeat them on the second turn - you've just "spent" 8 turns fighting that player, and defeated them on the 8th.

Busta_Chrymes [2859467]

Yeh, 'attack' can mean both the act of engaging the enemy with 25 e, and also choosing to 'attack' the opponent (as opposed to reloading, etc.)

 

In the case of the mission, 'attack' is as Indycision defined it~ But I can definitely understand the ambiguity.

 

 

It reminds me of when I first joined a faction and they told me they paid "per hit." And I said: "Great, it took me 13 hits to take this opponent down" and they laughed at me.