Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Got mugged.

Started by Dostawca [3372708] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 238 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Dostawca [3372708]

Hello.

I have question. Today I won bit over 9 m in TCP mini game and got mugged right after. I first informed people who were active at that time on the server and got informed that this person did it before. They were in the server. I msged person who mugged me to ask why I got mugged, even tho in the server lotto mugging is illegal. The person said they did not see lotto/minigame and got ping from mug bot.

My question is:

Are mug bots legal? If they just send ping it would be acceptable but people from community did not know where it would pull data from? Just networth in the stats? 

 

Don't want to name names couse I already got added to Halloween list and enemied as respons to passing information on TCP channel so my halloweek will be... Bit sad.

Dostawca [3372708]

Maby I should explain better. I don't have issue with buy mugs. Bots that look at bazzar or market are fine, it is name of the game. Here there was noone buying staff just money transfer. I don't even know how one would check for that if NW is not updated every second/minute.

Grafiti [1557036]

They are probably lying about the mugbot.

 

Have you ever shared your API key to a sketchy script? If yes, report it to staff, the staff will look into it and do the needful. 

 

Mug scripts are not illegal as long as they use publically available data like sales. However if they abuse your API, they are illegal and the person can be fedded. However I think it is much more likely they just lied to you so they don't get kicked out of the server.

Dostawca [3372708]

I don't think I ever used API outside official channels like loot rangers, torn stats and torn tools. They are probobly lying as you said, but on the off chance they are saying truth it would be scarry.

Triarius22 [2763264]

Secret Pockets offers 75% mug protection and is hiring at the moment.  While mug bots are illegal, this is the first I've heard that mugging gamblers is illegal and a lot of muggers specifically target gamblers as well as sellers (buy muggers).  Protect your assets!  Best is to be in the hospital, ghost trade it away, dump it in a vault and/or use company perks to limit losses.    

Dostawca [3372708]

It was not Torn lotto system. TCP lotto/mini game. If it was torn lotto it would be public data and complitly legal. Same with slots and RR.

Hornz [2220919]

None of those things are official channels. Torn stats is supported by Torn but is still a 3rd party site. Torn itself wouldn't ever need your API key for anything. They can grab that data whenever and for whatever they need. 

 

All of that said, if you know who mugged you, just send proof and information to TCP staff. They'll ban the mugger from the server. 

Dostawca [3372708]

They were banned and I got added to halloweek list + enemy list. Will keep in minde torn stats and tools, might need to remove key from there.