i wake up, take a shit,have a wash get dressed go work play a little torn inbetween...
share your torn routine
Started by ____Trains_____ [3945134] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I wake up, I check my phone to see what hot subjects are on for the day.
I typically start by reading my staff slack, viewing messages sent to me by the team and reviewing any management queries.
I then check the forums, in offline mode so I can get a lay of the land ahead of logging in and without then being distracted by inevitable DMs the moment I am online. It also means I can formulate faster responses as soon as I am in "working hours" rather than dilly dally thinking how something needs addressing in that time.
Once I then log in I can address any public matters that might need an admin's attention, or make a note of things that I can get to later.
I tend to log in with many DMs, both from overnight and then from people messaging me as I come online so I try to answer the ones that seem higher priority, and might get to others throughout the day.
I take a glance at the reports queue to brace myself for the day, how much of my day will be dealt with in reports, are we talking a mere 50 ish in the queue from overnight or a couple hundred? If there are again any urgent ones I get to those, escalated ones from staff or things that seem like they need a response sooner rather than later.
Emails next! Payments, webmaster, george and cm@torn.com - these all filter into my main inbox so I review them all in the order they get sent, typically prioritizing ones that look more urgent - payment queries near the end of the month for example are a higher priority to me - as I don't want people to be stuck waiting on getting a subscription issue sorted that might result in them missing a month of item rewards.
Emails will take up a decent chunk of time, account recovery queries, general business decisions or matters, contacting onlyfans, etc.
Depending on the day there might also be meetings, we have several that are scheduled regularly, weekly or bi-monthly. We work remotely so it's a case of being on mic/camera with other team members, managers, Ched and devs for a variety of reasons - could be catch ups on progress and upcoming plans, development progress for things like organized crimes which we do once a week, or discussions with advertising partners for strategies there and reviewing how existing works for recruitment and retention are going.
Back to reports for a bit, viewing forums, chats etc throughout the day.
Oh right... there's this Torn game to play too... I suppose I should use up my energy and nerve by now...
Posting in forums, keeping up with the general community, checking online reviews, off site Torn areas such as reddit or facebook, responding to more mails, player queries, staff and reports.
What do you mean the Pinata broke Torn? Dammit guess I have to spend some time in Discord now too...
Ok that's all resolved, back to the other things.
Staff applications? Yeah ok it's been a slow day... I have some time to whittle down a few there... Put together my shortlist and plan who I will be interviewing...
RMT investigation? Fun. Lets see whats cooking there.
Ok, now time for coffee #7 of the day... lets see how the rest of staff are getting on.
Mentions: Question
Wake up
Grab beer
Grab rear
Shave beard
Put on some scene gear
Log in
Train
Crimes
Chats to wind up some noobs
Forums
Log off
Repeat 3-4x a day
- Open Mises browser (landing page is torn)
- Crimes
- Gym
- Fill 1 bloodbag for me and 2 for faction
- Go to next tab (yata.yt)
- Check stock levels abroad
- Fly to destination
- Set alarm clock for 1 minute (or few seconds) before I land
- Close browser
- Open browser
- Wait for landing
- Buy stock
- Fly back
- Set alarm
- Close browser
Rinse and repeat
- Login
- Check Duke missions (If I have a full list, I will try to finish it all at once - using the needle)
- Gym
- Crimes (drink beer to fill up booster cd)
- Take my Xan -> Gym
- Buy 100 items (Beer / Gasoline / Plushies) from BnB
- Buy 75 lottery tickets
- Check the city map
- Logout or play poker (If I feel like it)
I get a lot of coffee going, reply to my messages, go to the Raceway to race, do the Disposal crime, pay my fees with that, look at missions and then head for the GFX forum to look at the art.
After that I go to GD to see what's going on there.
Sometimes there are interesting threads to consider.
This thread has been good.
At least it hasn't been derailed yet.
Then I go do life stuff and pop in and out as and when; mostly to race. Cars not trains. Racing trains would be good. Perhaps Ched could make a Christmas track with trains on it for the Raceway? I think he should.
Login
If stacking
Dont use E
Else
Use E, Train
Crimes
buy 100 items
check the forums, see if theres something interesting
fly if i feel like it
gamble if i feel like it
check the map
check forums
logout
I log in, Dump energy and nerve, read P&E forums, struggle with the existential dread, make some inappropriate comment about my genitals on global then I go doom scroll.
Log in
Train
Log out
Log in
Chain
Log out
Log in
War
Log out
Log in
Post memes
Log out
How many hours per week roughly? I bet its a pretty chonky number...
I hope Trains reads every post and appreciates the effort people went to cos he got into 2 pages and nobody was mean yet.
I dare not add them up.
Oh wow. Takes me back to my time listing to hollywood undead a long time ago. Weird as emo phase i had back then.
I'm afraid I will be bored if I have a "Routine" in Torn ... =(