Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Graveyard please

Started by Weegs [3767764] on in Graveyard.

5 replies · 103 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

Weegs [3767764]

Does Tourism Day always begin on a war day?

Seems kinda like a waste of event space.

 

Asking for a friend. 😘 

 

Final revision: question answered, point misunderstood. Expected less tbh, surprised I got an answer 🤣 

DTFUJHDN [3674325]

It's random

An option has now been added to pick between weekday or weekend wars. Some factions may prefer Weekday wars (Thursday or Friday), while other factions may prefer Weekend wars (Saturday).

This has no effect on matchmaking, but if both paired factions have the same preference, then it would be picked - otherwise, the decision will be made at random.

Once the system knows whether it’s a Weekday or Weekend war, it will then select the specific day at random; Thursday or Friday for Weekday, and Saturday for Weekend. To decide the start time, it then chooses the most active period on average between the members of both paired factions on that particular day in the past. 

Weegs [3767764]

I appreciate your input, but that's not really what I meant. Thank you for answering my question, though 💪❤️

 

I meant why would the event even take place on a potential war day? I understand that it's an actual holiday, but the Torn event does not have to take place on this day. That was just kind of some sidenote constructive criticism for the devs, however.

 

I also understand that this conjunction is my faction leadership's fault; I think my point still has some merit though.

JackKelly [2271177]

Im afraid i have to disagree about your point having some merit.

 

The devs likely didnt see any reason to adjust the event date due to the introduction of ranked wars. considering that they are strictly voluntary. 

 

Historically, tourism day has always been over a weekend. People with monday through friday jobs likely appreciate that, even though a territory war could kick off at any time in the older days. Sometime factions leaders would even plan a tert war to coincide with real life holidays or Torn events. 

Weegs [3767764]

.... Somehow y'all still aren't understanding what I'm saying 🤣 but whatever. That's not even the point of the post, this has been derailed. 

 

Graveyard please.