Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Arson total distruction... bug??

Started by Beelzebubble [2875396] on in General Discussion.

97 replies · 2.16k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 98 / 98 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
98
Discussion span
→
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
52 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Beelzebubble [2875396]

Hello fellow pyromaniacs,

 

I had two arson targets taht needed total destruction.

One was a raging fire stuck at 99%, the other stuck at 97%.
First one failed (99% is not a total destrution??) so I tried to add fuel to the other raging fire, only to find my ass thrown into jail.

Question: why would a raging fire be stuck at 97% and 99%. I understand if the fire would be dying, but not with the flames at max. Is this a bug? Anyone with similar experiences?

 

 

Beelzebubble [2875396]

Yeah, pretty good at math...

Having said that, a fire that destructs 99% of a property is a total destruction in my book, but I see what you are saying.

But no, my question was why a fire would be stuck at 99% if it's indicated as a raging fire (full flame). There is no reason to be stuck at 99%.

Beelzebubble [2875396]

Thanks for the link, I was wondering whether this is considered normal behaviour or a bug, hence I didn;t post it yet on the bugs threads.

Grafiti [1557036]

I also had a fire stuck at 99%, it was the dentist office one, so total destruction wasn't required, but still it was a bit weird to see it get stuck at 99%, you just need to douse some more gas.

Usephius [2682577]

Yeah I had the same issue, the % burned was flying up and I still had two strong flames when it just stopped at 99%. Emergency services was still in route too so they didn't start putting the flame out. I feel it shoulda completed burning to 100

 

Edit funny enough it was the same one that you did, drug labs is where I had the same issue

Lantian [3029152]

The question is why a fully blazing fire would be stuck at 99% and not reach a 100%.

 

I had one where it was stuck just like that, so wanted to add more gasoline which crit failed and I went to the hospital. Once out of hospital it was suddenly at 100%.

 

It does look a bit glitchy.

mutley [588278] Moderator Official

Being stuck at 97% or 99% suggests the fire reached its peak based on your initial fuel/input but fell short due to bad luck, insufficient accelerants, or target-specific traits. I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bug, it's part of the risk-reward in Crimes 2.0. I guess you need to figure out the right strategy for each target, and this will come to light in the guides. 

UmbraeNoctem [2825952]

Maybe not everything was completely destroyed with gasoline alone. 

 

Did you use thermite?

Beelzebubble [2875396]

Yes, that would be a completely sensible explanation, but why is the fire still indicating as a raging fire with full flames? 
If the flame indication would be reduced, I cn see the need to add accelerants, but I don't understand why fuel should be added to a fire in full force, but which then is stuck at 99%.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

There's no bug here, I had this verified during the committee testing. There will be a handful of times where the damage would appear stuck in upper 90s, you have to stoke to get those final few percentages at times.

Darth-Vader [2004834]

I've had this too, thinking it was weird that a fully raging flame isn't burning that last 1% or so. However also agree with the above it could be just the way its set up for Crimes 2.0 to bring more risk in with having to stoke/use more accelerants initially to make sure you get that 100%. 

 

It is silly to let them get to 99% in this though, get to 80-90% and let it be 10% short, not 1% as it comes across as a bug/something silly.

seintz [2460991]

I thought the bar was the momentum, not the destruction (since it is already displayed by other image)

 

I'm lost once again

HarryWho [196532]

I am stuck on this as well. 

 

Tried to explain to myself why or how it could happen.

 

A text flavor gave hints on how this situation can happen even with a raging fire.

 

I tried lighting again, instead of adding more fuel. The text flavour reveal that some part of the building were not burnt fully, and the flame on that portion is already doused. 

 

That could explain the final 1-3%.

Grafiti [1557036]

But wouldn't adding fuel to a raging fire increase crit risk? We were told yesterday that crit fails are only common if we play sub-optimally. However to get the total destruction jobs done, we need to play a bit sub-optimally to get them done?