02:49:07 - 25/09/25 You sent a Soccer Ball to Chedburn with the message: hey ched, when can we do another torn rollback? looking for that time travel merit big guy. let me know -yub
torn rollback?????? @ ched
Started by YUBHATIN [3714365] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 30
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 60 / 100
- Engagement score
- 75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Beerstein [1322136]
· 41 likes ·
When the server host turns off the firewall and goes for a coffee apparently. - ChillySpunc [1905415]
· 13 likes ·
Imagine only playing for 5 months and thinking you deserve the time traveller honour. - Fermion [2691036] Officer
· 3 likes ·
The mayans thought 2012 was when the world died. Instead it was when the servers apparently did 😂
When the server host turns off the firewall and goes for a coffee apparently.
06:02:34 - 04/10/25 You changed your displayed honor bar to Time Traveller
Unfortunately you'd have to have been there during Torn's bad server days to get the merit. I missed out on the merit because I apparently went afk 2 months before the last rollback happened (I believe it was 2012).
Theoretically it is still possible, so that's the only reason why we can't buy the merit with points.
This is the date on mine-
Time Traveller
Uncommon
11:18:00 - 03/06/13
Torn was down for like 5 days if I remember correctly
I’ve accepted I’ll likely never get that merit…
f**king noobs...
Imagine only playing for 5 months and thinking you deserve the time traveller honour.
The only way we'll get a rollback is if someone finds an exploit that destroys the economy and opt to not take the $$$$ from the bug bounty program. I opted for the $$$$ personally but I've already got the time traveller merit anyway (shout out Xerxes)
we basically have to hope the servers catch fire and ched has to load a backup or something. and deepnding on the severity, it would also cost some gametime for the player. Imagaine we have to rollback so far back that you lose all your progress as a new player
Just chase other merits, TT is not that important
The mayans thought 2012 was when the world died. Instead it was when the servers apparently did 😂
if you want that time traveler honor, you're gonna need to pull and ocean's type heist where you sabotage the servers yourself. unfortunately, i don't remember much about the movies, so i'm not going to be much help outside of planting the seed in your mind. but i've got a pretty good feeling i will be betraying you in the third act
Show off!
To be fair absolutely no one who has it deserves it. They didn't do anything. They simply were active during a time that the game shit it's pants.
You could say that about quite a few of the merits
Nearly 1300 days later...
I agree. The only ones that really mean anything are the ones where you've accomplished something. Crime, gym stats, attacks etc are the only ones people actually have to do something to earn. I like those merits because you feel like you've accomplished something.
Jealous?
If you have it, show it off.
Sending a soccer ball didn’t work? I’m shooketh.
11:17:00 - 03/06/13
Yup! Same.