Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pickpocket Level Resetting

Started by Voodoo_King [3856875] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 48 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100

Most-liked replies

Voodoo_King [3856875]

I just noticed my pickpocket level reset to 1 today. It happened  prior within the last week or so, but I chalked it up to updates and such. Plus I might have been in the 20s so nothing crazy lost. My crime stats are still showing correctly. Is this a mechanic or a legitimate bug? I typically do burglary and use pickpocket to use my last nerve before traveling again. 

 

I switch between PC and my phone app. 

Device: samsung SM-S936U Android: 16 App version: 2.2.54

IndyCision [2597200]

Crit fails remove progress. The crimes are in order or difficulty and pickpocketing has targets of all possible difficulties available from the start.

Build up some more crime XP from doing some of the easier crimes if you find that you are not making progress on the harder ones.

(They are in order of difficulty from left to right, top to bottom - starting with search for cash, ending with Arson)

Voodoo_King [3856875]

I know crits lower the xp already gained but I dont think it completely drops it to zero from level 20 something. I also just seen someone's racing skill dropped to zero too so it has to be a bug somewhere. 

IndyCision [2597200]

The racing skill issue is/was a bug.

 

A critical fail drops you by 20 times as much as that crime would have given on a success.

As already stated the pickpocket crime has all the targets avaialble from the start - you critically failed on a hard one and lost all your progress.

 

Not a bug.

 

Here is your log with your crime levels going down from critical fails:

https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=log&log=9006

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

You did not drop from skill 20 to 1 in a single critical. You have been getting constant fails: