Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is this a bug?

Started by nishu01 [3471169] on in General Discussion.

7 replies · 244 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
nishu01 [3471169]

So I took a loan of 2.25 million from Duke aka loan shark in the city Hall a week ago and since I knew today will be the day to pay interest I payed it before I got a notification but now I've gotten another notification for it and somehow I payed double the amount I was supposed to as 2.5% interest for the loan. 

 

 

 

Here are the logs for both the payments :

 

 

 

1. 16:24:46 - 05/10/25 Your loan fees increased by $56,250 to a total of $56,250

 

2. 17:10:21 - 05/10/25 You paid $56,250 of your loan fees decreasing them to $0

 

3. 11:30:22 - 05/10/25 You paid $56,250 of your loan fees decreasing them to $0

Grafiti [1557036]

Not a bug.

 

When you first take out a loan from Duke, the interest for the first week is automatically added. So you already has 56k interest from last week. You paid that off at 11:30am TCT.

 

Since you probably didn't pay back the loan amount, Duke charged you interest for the coming week at 16:24 TCT, you paid that 56k at 17:10 TCT.

IndyCision [2597200]

Put those logs in the right freaking order, and all of a sudden it makes sense dude.

 

11:30:22 - 05/10/25 You paid $56,250 of your loan fees decreasing them to $0

16:24:46 - 05/10/25 Your loan fees increased by $56,250 to a total of $56,250

17:10:21 - 05/10/25 You paid $56,250 of your loan fees decreasing them to $0

 

AKA

 

You paid off your fees which were already present from last week.

You already knew today was going to be the interest day. It got added.

You paid off the newly added interest.

 

Better? :)

nishu01 [3471169]

Yeah I didn't know Duke charges interest for the following week in advance I thought it'll only be charged when the week is over thanks for the help