Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Work in Progress

Started by SativaHerby [3832806] on in Graphics.

21 replies · 104 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
20 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

SativaHerby [3832806]

Hey! 

Just wanted to update on what I've been working on with my portfolio*. Its not big but I am self taught... so..

Enjoy some pictures!


*portfolio was probably the wrong word to use but its late and my head hurts and I cant think of a better one!

SativaHerby [3832806]

Unfortunately im not gifted in that area yet, working on it though, Im more of a editer whilst im learning the tools. My next step is to learn how to use the pen I have in my drawer that I've been scared of haha!

SativaHerby [3832806]

Hey, thats okay man, I'm just practising my skills with editing software and even produced a animation recently. I'm more into editoral work than anything else, but I understand why you'd react like that!

Warriordud [3177526]

i also don't have the practice to make more than some simple art, and mostly do editting, but i don't go and waste all that extra energy and water having AI generate stuff for me, i just go find some stock images and put things together

 

you'll find your pool of clients will shrink considerably because you use AI, and i've got no doubt that you'll also receive plenty of people just like me who very much dislike AI

 

after all, you've clearly used AI to make the images, who's to say you didn't just use AI to do the editting as well? or the animating? maybe you just typed in a prompt or two and are trying to make money from it

SativaHerby [3832806]

I understand completely what you're saying and I cant argue about the water points, you are right in that! I can apologise directly to you if you need that. Im not planning on selling my work, I do a lot of this stuff for fun, so I'm sorry if that upset you in any way! 

In fact - I dont need money for it, Im very content just playing around in programmes. Hope this helps you understand my motives a little better!

Zypheresque [3856420]

But its mentioned that ai is used, so why is it a problem ?

ppl who are taking their work know its ai 

 

Good work tho, keep it up, try learning regular editing too..

 

i also started with ai and am learning the ropes

SativaHerby [3832806]

Thank you, yeah its a useful tool, especially in the realm of teaching yourself! I've had lots of positive messages into my inbox though so I wouldn't worry about someone who's a bit mad I had help :)