Same difference
Your story of finding torn
Started by Alo410 [1986289] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 114 / 114 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Awhhh shucks buddy!
ngl wasn’t expecting to find anyone I knew to find the post lol
glad I was part of the reason you became obsessed with torn!
I have been finding myself spending hours if I’m not careful lol
Lionhead Studios, that of Fable fame...
A bunch of the forum people came over 20 years ago, think I'm still the only one here...
Was the first forum I posted in. Some of us were invited down to the studio in Reading, then went out and got shitfaced with the studio staff...
Great fun...
It sure does. Now my average time on Torn is 5 hours a day. You can tell that I don’t have a lot to do at work.
Oh hell ya!!! Sorry you’re the last of them but glad you’re still here!!!
Too bad you weren’t here for the beginning.
Forums basically were porn.
O_o I think that’s why I stayed away from it lol. I learned fast global chat would end you in the hospital
Did you used to post there? My name back then was, I think Prof_Yaffel. Had a Stewie picture and staff gave me a title of King of the Donuts for a reason I never got an answer for...
I was like 15, up on my phone looking through the google play store at 2am one night. Found torn, gave it a go. Idk what I was looking for, I think at best I was looking for something like The Firelit Room, which is a “text based” story game on browser, but i doubt that.
It was cleaned up considerably by 3000ish days ago.
You used to be able to celebrate the OG Mr. and Mrs. Torn winners by coming to forums and buying your handle written on a nude body for some $$ or just go to profiles to see players’ “adult content” url links.
Wacky times.
Hobowars over 20 yrs ago.
Not sure how I found hobowars. I think someone on AIM referred me. I made an account, created multis, and was quickly jailed. Forgot about it for awhile and then signed up again.
Around the same time I was discreetly referred to torncity on hobowars. I somehow still remember the first time I logged in. No idea what to do with properties and clicking crime radio buttons lol.
Started to WFH and got back into hobowars even though it was dead for well over 10 years and found myself looking for something else so I decided to go back to Torn. Unfortunately my original account was deleted since it was so old. 😔
Wild….. torn really cleaned up now
So there I was,Kleenex in one hand ,lube in the other........
WELL DONT KEEP ME ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT BUDDY!
I had played Fallen London for a while but eventually got tired of it. Was looking for similar browser based games that I could play as a daily check-in, have been logging on every day since. Just feel it has the right mix of simplicity/routine for me.
So I took a break from my career in IT to open a business (a CrossFit gym). I did that for a few years until I realized it was too great an effort for too little money. So I started looking for a job and started my career over as a Web Developer at an Ad Agency. I was coding in a cubicle all day long and needed something to keep me sane. So I googled up something like "online text based games". And here I am 8 years or so later. I've climbed my way back up the corporate ladder and working on going higher, but still have TORN by my side to keep me from choking people and throwing my laptop in the garbage. :)
I was asked to sign up for the referral. I was genuinely irritated at the request, thinking there's no way I'd be remotely interested in this game. Fortunately for all of you, I was feeling particularly magnanimous that day and deciding against physically assaulting him. So here I am, years later, with bigger numbers and nothing to offer the community except smart ass comments.
I can feel the love <3 it sounds like the relationship I have with my torn spouse (irl friend)
01:41:45 - 17/10/25 You were sent $1 from someone with the message: I found torn by your wife or girlfriend telling me her loser boyfriend/husband plays torn
good thing I’m gay…. Lmao