I am currently reading a book that grants me 30 days of no drug addiction. I just over dosed on day 5. How does that work?
Overdose question
Started by CAM23HNIC [3441997] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 7
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
addiction has nothing to do with overdose chance.
moved to qna
This ^
Normally, you would build up addiction points and get a lot of drug addiction points when you overdose. While reading the book, you could in theory overdose back to back to back, but you will not be building up addiction points. This still means that you can overdose, since addiction has nothing to with overdose chances.
More info about drug addiction here
Drug addiction icons:
But here's the catch!
Iirc if you have 0 addiction you can't rehab either, so getting your happy back is going to be a pain.
I am also reading this book currently. It kinda sucks when you OD, can’t rehab to reset happy. Break out those tissues!
It will take some time but here is the work around I found that works for me. Aaftrr the 24hrs drug cool down what I do is to start taking ecstacy. It doubles my current happiness and if the bar isn't full it doesn't go down it stays. I keep doing that while going about my business till my happiness is full again. Something that might take days to fill I'll accomplish that in 24-48hrs.
Your goal would be to build up your addiction as high as possible before reading a book. Like 14%, then it would take a month to naturally go back to zero and you can save millions on your rehab.