Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Same Routine Different Day

Started by Titus [2198442] on in General Discussion.

41 replies · 533 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Titus [2198442]

Hate to admit it, but I honestly don’t know what’s left for me to do in this game.

 

Sure, I could continue messing around on the forums, troll a bit, get hosped, rinse and repeat, but what’s the point?

 

I’ve been playing for over five years, and while I don’t really want to quit, everything just feels… stale. At this point it just feels more like a mundane chore.

 

Log on, take a Xanax, train, do crimes, log off and repeat.

Every day just feels like the same routine.

 

Yeah, I’ll toss in the occasional shitpost, but even that’s losing its spark because the reactions are always the same.

 

I do hope you all realize I’m trolling,  some of you really do take the stuff I post seriously. 

I guess the whole point of this post is just to let everyone know I’m bored. 


TLDR: I’m bored and need something to keep me entertained, any suggestions?

 

 

For the players that have been playing torn for 10+ years, how do you keep yourselves entertained on here? 

Feel free drop some advice or suggestions. 

 

Anyways you guys have a great day, I’m gonna go touch grass.

 

 

P.S. I am breaking character with this thread, please keep it respectful

DefilingDemon [700846]

As I said.. not reading all that 🤣

 

On a serious note.... Be social in faction chat... Honestly this game is above all else a social sim

Titus [2198442]

I’m honestly surprised you joined the one faction named after your inevitable downfall

don’t worry I’ll make sure you receive your Darwin Award. 

now respectfully hop off my thread 

Sammy-The-Cow [3882597]

I had burnout with a few games. Ogame, Kingdom of Loathing, Call of Duty, even No Man's Sky. In time, I'll possibly get over Torn and move permanently to South Africa to collect some rare STDs.

 

The forum does often come off like Reddit to me, and I've seen it especially in my previous bovine incarnation, so, yeah, you can troll it, but some people take it all too seriously and the game becomes more of a cave of insecure people who value karma more than dollars, pounds euros.... or respect (not of the faction variety for those of you following).

 

This ain't an answer to the burnout, other than, at some point, you put the controller down, tackle some other projects or games, and at some point, maybe, you can come back and enjoy it with the thermostat ticked down a few notches.

 

Which reminds me, this is why I keep a horde of retro games around. Though I still can't beat 8-4 in Suoer Mario Bros. I say this in shame.

 

IrisNepthys [3528214]

Giveaways ? 
Set yourself a new goal ? (reach x on gym stats, reach x in NW) 
Become a collector of a Misc item ? 
Become a Merc ? 
Start a Company ? 

Sectory [2093611]

Set goals for yourself, build a faction, become a trader, find other things to do than xan > train > repeat.

Set goals for income, to sustain 24/7 energy cans, 24/7 FHC and so on.

 

There's a lot to do.