Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Missing Log Data?

Started by MrSheppy [3842770] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 65 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

MrSheppy [3842770]

I'm trying to create something that will do some basic accounting functions for me, and I'm having trouble making my inventory balance.  Upon further investigation, there appear to be some holes in the transaction data that is coming back.

 

The data coming back from the API looks like it is missing some pretty significant chunks of data from 21-July-2025 15:30 UTC - 18:30 UTC, and then 02-Sept-2025 17:15 UTC - 20:00 UTC.  I can find the data I'm looking for in the logs pulled from the UI, but it isn't coming back in the logs from the API.

 

Has anyone else seen this kind of thing?  Is there any way to pull the same logs that are populating the UI?

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

Hey, 

 

I moved this to bugs & issues forum. 

If these logs are present on the site there must be something going on with the API so I'll take a look soon.


Thanks!

MrSheppy [3842770]

Sounds good.  I can get you some additional data if you want.  I have switched from v1 to v2, and I'm still seeing the same holes.  I can provide some extracts to you if that would help.

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

Hey, 

Could you please give me the exact logs that might be missing/timestamps?

For example, 

 

https://api.torn.com/v2/user/?selections=log&from=1753111800&to=1753112400&key=

 

This pulls all the logs at July 21st, 15:30 until July 21st, 15:40. It returned 63 rows - exactly as I counted when I looked into it manually. 

 

Please provide the extracts you offered - I can't seem to find what's happening here unfortunately.

 

Thanks!

 

 

MrSheppy [3842770]

The exact rows of data that I wasn't seeing before, I am now finding, and I no longer have those raw extracts.  This was probably a stupid human trick on my part but I spent several hours trying to track down some data that wasn't showing up.

 

I remember that they were rows related to sales and I know that it was specifically related to item id:4.   I'll try to do a full reconcile of my buy/sell data soon and I'll get back with you if I can identify anything.

 

Thanks for looking into it and sorry for the wild goose chase.

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

It's quite possible that the system didn't work as expected all the time.

 

After all, this thread got 4 upvotes which likely means other experienced the same issue. 

 

I'll wait for you to double check before closing this bug report though. 


Thanks!

splent [2088243] Admin Staff

Hey,

 

It’s been a while so I’m closing this bug report. Please open a new one if a similar issue happens again.

 

Thanks!