Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Return Ability to Toggle Panning Clouds

Started by Lynaikitsu [1982847] on in Suggestions.

23 replies · 101 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Lynaikitsu [1982847]

-Removed the unnecessary ability to toggle panning clouds while traveling (performance issues are fixed)

 

I understand that this was a stopgap measure to help with performance, but I liked the ability to pause the movement despite having no performance issues. Whether due to distraction, headaches, or just liking it more static, there are plenty of reasons to want it paused other than performance. As I don't see any reason to remove this option beyond "not strictly necessary to prevent performance issues," please revert this change. 

Mentions: Patch list #407 : 28/10/2025

Liverpool [1631809]

The animation significantly lags my laptop. I would appreciate the change being reversed. 

Weird to remove a toggle option, regardless. 

Baddies [3851990]

I understand you all have beefy computers, but on normal people PCs there is always an issue with any (browser) animation..

 

Idle Item Market page: 0% - 20%(spikes) CPU and 1% GPU

 

Idle Traveling page: 0% - 72%(also spikes) CPU and 36%(stable) GPU

 

Clean FF ESR on mostly clean Win 11. i5-6440HQ