We need some sort of testing forum!
I need a place to test forum layouts for my main threads and the little experiments I do. I used to use the BBCode Testing forum, but now it’s just gone. I get that it was old and maybe looked inactive, but people like me still used it. Deleting it without respecting its other uses and not replacing it doesn’t make sense.
I don’t want to mess with my main threads until I’m 100% ready, and now I don’t have anywhere to safely test. Graveyard isn’t a real option either. I’d have to make a thread somewhere else and then ask an admin to move it! So now staff has to waste time moving my test threads instead of doing something more useful. That just creates extra work for everyone and takes resources away from the game.
Removing BBCode indirectly caused more issues with spam on other forums and created more admin work. We need some sort of testing forum or privatized forums. Faction forums has filled this gap for me since I’m a faction leader, but when I wasn't or for anyone who isn’t, it’s a real pain. The problem with this suggestion is that it has such a niche demographic (script makers/forum business owners) that it probably won’t get the traction it needs. It’s something so simple that would help a lot. Either that, or just let me make a post in Graveyard... that works too. Or even just let me get Admin access (similar to faction leader admin) to my own personal graveyarded posts! Please do something about this. A “post flair” system would also help a lot, not just in regular forums but in Suggestions, to keep stuff like this — basically a bug-fix-level issue — from getting buried under the big suggestions that gain traction.