I didn't want to make this post. I thought this issue would resolve itself, but here I am still upset and clueless why we don't have an in game pickle. We could have a verity of pickles all boosting different things. Similar to the eggs at Easter. I just think this game would be considerably better with pickles. Maybe the pickle never reveals the effect until you eat it. If this does get made, which it 100% will. I want a golden pickle for being the creator of this idea.
Adding Pickles to Torn
Started by KingPickle [3616516] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 29
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 39 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 61 / 100
- Engagement score
- 74 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Stick to your day job, providing it’s not a comedian.
Calm down there little princess. 👸
"I didn't want to make this post."
Inb4 I got a pickle for ya right here
Late to the party
I didn't want to make this post.
You should have just stopped there then pal
we could also technically count Kelsie's staff collectible as well, since Dilly was named after a pickle
Perhaps eating the pickle could caught the user to create threads in the right forums
MMM
Plenty of players have tried to play hide the pickle with other torn players over the years, which is why there is a shortage of pickles in the game.
I don’t think encouraging more degenerates to show their pickles is the direction we want to go in tbh.
Perhaps the real pickle was the friends we made along the way.
No
I see no one is moderating the forums anymore (not that it was moderated previously u less a post was reported and then it was pot luck if it was actioned)
But anyway.... we just letting people post crap anywhere now are we?
I was a pickle for Halloween so I support this.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
People don't understand "wubba lubba dub dub" so let's break it down. "Wubba" is a difficult word. It's not just a stupid meaningless word, it actually has an Old English and mathematical term. The Old English "Wubba" means "I am dying". The mathematical term means "x 2". So essentially it means "I am dying. I am dying". Now onto "Lubba". This is an alternative word to "alcohol". Alcohol can be deadly if a lot is consumed. The phrase now reads "I am dying x 2, alcohol". Now onto "dub dub". These words have two completly different meanings. The first "dub" is said more softly than the second "dub". The first "dub" is a musical reference to dubstep. Dubstep is a mixture of bass drops and noise all of the place in perfect harmony. No words can directly translate this, but loosely translated means "is my poison". Now the phrase means "I am dying x 2, alcohol is my poison". Now onto the last "dub". As it is said more loudly than the first "dub", this means it is a reference from musical reference from the song "Fade to Black". Fade to Black is a song about suicide. This means that the definition of the second "dub" means "someone kill me now before I kill myself". Essentially, "wubba lubba dub dub" translates to "I am dying x2, alcohol is my posion. Someone kill me now before I kill myself". Now that I have explained this phrase, it now makes sense to everyone and they don't have to feel so stupid the next time they watch Rick and Morty. I hope my superior intelligence has made everyone feel better now that the joke of "wubba lubba dub dub" has been explained
Show pickle or GTFO
Wow there my little Vietnamese poison flower, let's calm down and remember it's only a game. I have a sneaky suspicion if every post was in the correct place you'd still find a way to moan.