Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bullet damage modifiers

Started by Abetting [2016807] on in General Discussion.

10 replies · 315 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
28
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Abetting [2016807]

I've always wondered why bullet size doesn't make an impact. I think it would make more sense to have each weapon have an attack* stat(that increases based on quality), instead of damage* and then each bullet caliber has its own damage modifiers that could make heavier machine gun rounds deal more damage than 5.56 rounds. 

 

This could make more creative loadouts possible and mix up the current status quo with firearms. 

 

Maybe that's too complicated to bother with? Could be that it's just better to stay simple, but the idea of it makes more sense to me than what we have. 

 

Am I the only one who thinks this way, should I get checked

Abetting [2016807]

Suppose you're right it could happen that way just behind the scenes and not display the modifiers. Would be interesting to see at least

e7cf09 [3441977]

Wouldn’t having weapon attack stat and caliber damage stat the exact same as having one damage stat whose value equals the previous two stats multiplied, as one type of weapon can only use one type of ammo (e.g. 5.56mm)?

Abetting [2016807]

Yes, but in my mind I was not considering that they were already doing that in the math behind the scenes. I just figured they were arbitrary numbers given uniquely to each weapon but not factoring in any hidden math, especially since the same quality can have two different damage and accuracy ratings. 

 

I could just be over thinking it idk

Secludedcommie [3713977]

I think that the damage of a bullet would be roughly its size/weight times velocity. 

 

So a sniper round may do a lot when shot out of a sniper, but a pistol modified to use sniper rounds would probably be useless because it can't shoot heavy bullets with enough velocity. And a sniper couldn't shoot pistol rounds fast enough to be effective.

 

So each type of bullet would have roughly the same coefficient (damage multiplier) since how powerful it is depends on the type of gun you use.