Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

21+ Beer Thread

Started by Fat_Monkey [3384050] on in Food & Cooking.

44 replies · 373 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Brockman5000 [1461425]

I think you're referring to Kona. they make some awesome stuff.

 

I know a lot about alcohol and the many many different things out there. 11 years in the industry, I have tried A LOT of different alcohol.

KalS0 [3661529]

Alcoholic beverage industry? Gotcha. My mom worked in the food industry for a good amount of years as a teenager through part of adulthood. Getting sick and not having an easy pregnancy led her to the medical field with which she became a nurse.

I'll be able to afford some alcohol taste-testing off-duty when I go on to serve (contacted recently about my application). I won't have access to Kona unless I stay at a base in the states. I heard German beers are very good, but for my taste buds, English brews and anything of the North might be easier.

KalS0 [3661529]

I don't drink Guinness or other strange beers (ask my parents about those). My father has drank quite a few bottles of Sake while working as a dishwasher at a Japanese restaurant. :]

Kajal [2542083]

IPA tastes like rubbing alcohol to me, but my tastes run to the opposite extreme - give me a good sour any day

FunkMasta [3393072]

I'll drink just about any style of beer, generally depends on what i'm eating at the time. There are a bunch of IPA's i like but they're all craft beers with limited distribution outside my province in canaderp.

 

If you can find it, i highly recommend Fat Tug IPA from Driftwood Brewing in Victoria BC

APOLLO [862724]

Bro, if you really love beer you make your own.

 

The best beer in the world gets made in people's homes.

 

Especially those old bastard that have been making it for 30 or  40 year

Felicia-Goat [3640933]

Check out an app called Untappd, it's a social network for beer lovers. It keeps track of all the beers you've tried and lets you see what other beers people are drinking and what they think of them.

 

I don't work for them or anything, I've just used it for 11 years and love it.

Old_Greg [3938487]

All my favorite beers are local to my state, and some even to specific cities or towns.

If I do drink domestics I typically go with High Life, Banquet or Mickeys.

If I drink imported I go with Guinness, Sapporo, Tsing Tao or anything German. 

 

I suggest checking out all the micro brewery spots around your state. I've found some awesome brews that way.

 

If I ever visit your state I will drink your local beer and judge it.

Eileen_McKinsey [2460491]

Atlas Brew Works (Ivy City) Silent Neighbor Pumpernickel Stout — great to have warm after playing the pipes at Mount Olivet Cemetery across the street. The brew’s name is a tribute to the cemetery…

ImPrettySelfish [3053227]

i agree. i also really enjoy coors banquet. im more of a liquor kind of guy (i love bourbon) but some pabst blue is good one of my favorites and i like to drink boilermakers every so often 

 

my sister on the other hand is into craft beers. she bought me some like 8$ blueberry beer and i was thinkin like "i don't get the hype behind this" but she really enjoys them so meh

 

i love all the liquors. i prefer the whiskey/bourbons but i also like to drink black coffee so maybe my taste buds just like pain and bitterness.