Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Defence Loadouts

Started by K3- [1591697] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 211 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

K3- [1591697]

Now I know this is a completely subjective thing and depends completely on what kinda opponents youre facing but would it be better to have your attacking weapons as your defensive loadout to win as many defends as possible or to go for the annoying stun lock loadout (taser or prod). 

My thought are- Stalemates= win and any def whore leaving dex completely wouldnt be able to win unless your str is mitigated completely and everyone else will be slowed down atleast. Thoughts?

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Defensive weapons like stun are best used during RW's to delay attackers giving you the opportunity to do something. 

 

For random situations it's always better to kill them on defense. 

Triarius22 [2763264]

Most players who choose to attack you are, or think they are, much stronger than you are.  After all, they pick who they are attacking, what they are attacking with and when they are attacking.  I tend to equip a high stun chance cattle prod when Im going to walk away from the game for a while; sometimes it even works.  If someone is a lot stronger than you then it doesn't matter what you do.  But if they are only a little stronger, you might get a free defend. . . before they come back and finsih you off.  Likely they won't come back for more after that as it cost them 50 e instead of 25.  This doesn't happen too often, though, as most of the time, attackers are significantly stronger.  

 

 

e7cf09 [3441977]

For me, it’s parry to defend against plunder melee.

 

22:26:09 - 09/11/25 chiken1212 (and 4 others) mugged you and stole $8,803,172 [view]

 

That mug would have been 10m+ if I hadn’t used a parry blade.

K3- [1591697]

This was my thoughts too. Since its easier to get a stalemate than a defend you should aim for that and stun/shock everyone. Sure you’ll miss out on a few players you couldve beat but more often than not they wouldnt attack you anyway. 

Emarlite [2441561]

How did the parry reduce the amount mugged?

I thought parry was just % chance to block incoming melee attack.  So could possibly give you a chance to vault/stash your cash on hand.

 

For anybody thinking about the stun load out, the cattle prod is much better in my opinion as you don't have to reload.

One thing to remember is that it works better at higher life as compared to if you're offline being farmed in a RW

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RapidAssassin [2781031]

I would always keep a defensive weapon loadout if I were you, and only using an attacking one when I am planning to attack someone (e.g. for Halloween).

K3- [1591697]

Ideal would be cattle prod and taser with settings prioritising prod. That way if youre disarmed youre still able to stalemate. 

e7cf09 [3441977]

I was offline at that time, so no chance to stash my cash. The first attacker got two melee hits, all parried, then the second and third attacker used a gun to knock me out. Without my parry I'm likely to be dead after the first two hits, and will therefore be mugged by a 22% plunder melee, instead of a 0% plunder gun I actually got.