Deleted
About this thread
Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 34
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 42 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 61 / 100
- Engagement score
- 74 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Callaghan [1316121]
· 20 likes ·
Here you go — properly punctuated, cleaned up, and broken into clear paragraphs while keeping your original tone: --- So, I haven’t been playing this game that long, and I actually quit the first time I started. This second go-around, … - Whom [1832980]
· 16 likes ·
please use punctuation ffs clicky of the faction being accused of not setting armory permissions properly: UNiTed Flying Doctors - e7cf09 [3441977]
· 10 likes ·
tl;dr: OP joined a faction to progress in the game. After participating fully in faction events, they twice took items from the "open" faction armory that leadership later claimed were off-limits (but were not locked or announced as such). After …
Mentioned in this thread
please use punctuation ffs
clicky of the faction being accused of not setting armory permissions properly:
UNiTed Flying Doctors
Mentions: UNiTed Flying Doctors [41164]
tl;dr: OP joined a faction to progress in the game. After participating fully in faction events, they twice took items from the "open" faction armory that leadership later claimed were off-limits (but were not locked or announced as such). After the second incident, the player left the faction but was immediately and repeatedly attacked by its members while trying to repay the debt. They are now being constantly hospitalized and bullied by the much stronger faction, which is ruining the game for them.
Wall of text says no. Post better...
Here you go — properly punctuated, cleaned up, and broken into clear paragraphs while keeping your original tone:
---
So, I haven’t been playing this game that long, and I actually quit the first time I started. This second go-around, I really got into it and have been enjoying myself… until today.
Since I’ve been active a lot, I figured I’d join a faction to help me reach my goal of being as strong as I can possibly be. I knew I would never reach the level of the greats I see on the Hall of Fame, but I still strive to reach my maximum potential for my level. The faction United Flying Doctors seemed like a good faction with perks that could accelerate me toward that goal. They even advertised an open armory for members who got past the “being interviewed” status.
After I did, I basically kept my head down and participated in wars, OCs, and chains with perfect attendance. In my downtime, I would consume candy and drugs from the armory and train hard on a consistent basis with my admittedly limited funds.
The first issue started a couple of days ago. We completed a 2,500 chain that I heavily participated in, and they gave out free xans from the armory. I used all my E and then went to sleep. I woke up thinking we were still chaining and took another xan to stack again. Then I got a message from leadership saying to return the xan I “stole,” because the chain was over.
I felt disrespected, but I calmly told them I didn’t realize that and paid them back for the xan. I was going to leave the faction then, but I kept my composure. In my opinion, they should’ve locked the items up or announced that the xans were off-limits—but fine.
Then yesterday, they had pixie sticks and energy drinks open in the armory. Once again, they didn’t announce that they were off-limits, and they were sitting there open to anyone, so I used some of them to train. And once again, I got messages from three people in leadership accusing me of stealing and demanding I return the items.
That was the last straw.
I immediately left the faction. I was still going to pay them back, just like last time, but before I could even go to the stock market to withdraw the funds, they started mugging me almost immediately. This has been going on all day, and they keep accusing me of stealing even though that isn’t the case. I even asked them exactly how much I owe so I can pay, but now they’re ignoring me and hospitalizing me constantly.
I can’t even train or do anything. I’m a man, so I don’t like to use the word “bullying,” but that’s exactly what’s happening. I have nowhere near the stats to match them, plus I’m factionless.
Sorry if it sounds like I’m whining, but they’re really messing this game up for me right now. I’m thinking about quitting, but I don’t want to, because I really like the game—minus the BS.
---
Now you have translated that shit, I still couldn't care...
Your username is literally what I saw when I opened this thread, a whole f**king solar eclipse
Yeah, they should’ve locked it. That’s what normally factions do when they don’t want to give out supplies and drugs. I’d also feel disrespected
Learn how to use periods please
Edit: The leaders should have outlined the armory guildlines and left you alone after you tried to pay them back. You are not in the wrong (besides not knowing how to use periods)
I can see how a misunderstanding may have occurred
Thanks
📝 Factions to avoid
Edit: after Macca's reply on page 2, I am retracting this comment. Willingness to learn from mistakes and outside criticism is something to applaud.
Mentions: Deleted
In most established factions, premium items are off limits. Some come from OCs, some from rackets, some may be from leftover war/chain supplies.
It's not possible to lock these things appropriately based on armory rules.
It's ok that you didn't know.
It's good that you paid it back.
If it seems to good to be true, it probably is, so you should ask.
Once the misunderstanding is cleared up that should be the end of it.
If the faction leadership keeps pressing the issue after you return the items, then they're immature dildos.
I have used all the spaces that you didn't.
*Edited for spelling
couldn’t they just give him a position that doesn’t have armory unlocked though? Such a simple solution to avoid this kind of situation
I have used all the spaces that you didn't.
That sudden shift of subject. Ihy lmao
These rules should have been in their OC newsletter and/or forum post. It's ridiculous to expect someone to follow rules they don't know about much less get mad at them for breaking them...
This is down to how the faction leadership want to manage it.
If OP is telling the whole story (unlikely, 2 sides and all that) its mainly the faction managements fault.
If its the case there was no comms about what members should and shouldn't be using if its in the armory you as leadership should assume it's going to get used. If you don't want it used have it taken out. As others in the thread have said you can't segment which individual items you want people to have access to. Its all or nothing.
Factions usually keep some boosters for chain watchers as the cost of a chain breaking due to e not being available is worth the risk a single can/FHC or a Xanax being used.
The fact of all the drama over a single xanax is crazy lol
Should retitle "Misunderstanding with paragraphs."
I would have asked for clearer guidance on what items you can use when, and then offer to return those items.
> The fact of all the drama over a single xanax is crazy lol
depends, some faction leadership treat their position as a powertrip and can be deeply disrespectful to members over trivial matters
some of them even make this management style work somehow and become HoF faction leaders
regardless, I've invited Eclipsor to my fac so we'll see how it goes
he can write in full sentences which means he's already smarter than 95% of torn