That's temporary though until arson items drop in value. Even now, 6k is laughably low.
Arson profitability
Started by Mizadil [2640357] Committee on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 125 / 125 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
You're 100 though. Mines almost on profit by doing only gas can+lighter except uniques. The uniques are brutal on profit.
Piss off with your optimism and probably well thought out arsons
I've been trying to be profitable for >100. and I am, but it wouldn't show in a screenshot.
That was the last of the oxy I bought at 15k/each (not the 127k T.R is valuing it at)
Mine shows this but torntools is valuing gas 71 cans at 62k (871 each) when they cost $95 from the shop.
So down 300k using 1 gas can+lighter plus doing uniques. I'm guessing if I used more than 1 gas can per I could get a little more profitable rather than less at the cost of more nerve, but not much. I'd rather do other crimes with it.
My Junkyard search is doing rather well (minus that crit fail) and keep failing to find the unique.
You are the definition of "One man's junk is another man's treasure"
I got 3 jobs this last week to pay out 15k/nerve. If I can roll a couple of those each day when I'm done leveling I'll be happy, maybe.
Seems kind of disappointing, the crimes don't seem to be improving much, seems like we're supposed to bounce around and do a little of each to make the best income, yet we have an OC system that wants you to specialize and get really good exp in specific crimes, feels bad to have 2 conflicting systems, and it's only likely to get worse the further we get.
yeah but torn economy and economist yada yada
Do you think the torn economist decided to make the 5th crime the best $/n forever
I've had a few >6k/n and >7k/n jobs in the past couple days but until I hit 100 I'm doing every ce efficient job. Idk if I'll bother going back to arson after 100 to search for the few profitable jobs. Probably won't be worth the effort to do it manually but maybe somebody will make a script to do it for us.
Same thing here. I don't mind burning cash and using thermite & other costly items. All I want is to touch CS 100 fast. Then it would be some other crime or as people said, just gasoline and lighter.
If enough did it they'd 100% nerf it rather than buff others. The irony is still not as good as 1.0
No, the REAL irony is that releasing crimes 2.0 made 1.0 MORE profitable due to tanprice supply and demand and so many migrating to 2.0 :)
Time Range is from 09/30 when arson was released to today
But...
... it's fun to watch things burn ❤️🔥 ❤️🔥 ❤️🔥
Yes! This makes up for a lot 😁
Also the comparison to FBI hacking isn't exactly accurate... You needed to be in an otherwise terrible company to not entirely crash your CE to make that profit...
Now we don't have a single crime to spam for max profit, but instead we have quite a few pretty fun crimes and a handful of stuff to do that is profitable enough to easily surpass crimes 1.0 arson while steadily growing your CE.
I really enjoy crimes 2.0! And arson 🔥🔥🔥
I never thought the goal was solely to give us ways to profit. I thought the goal was to make each crime in the progression more interactive as it leads/ties into another instead of being just one random crime after another. Could it be that we're looking through the lenses of those who have already completed all the previous crimes?
If you were a newer player you would have recently completed burglary, and in the process of doing that collected dozens upon dozens of materials which you could then use for arson without wasting money on anything extra.
If you think about it that way arson was a success.