Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Staff karma system

Started by pdk [3626257] on in Graveyard.

50 replies · 387 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Robbo [1826175]

Most players who interact with staff a lot are arseholes in my experience, some of them have posted in this thread which is handy.

 

I'm not saying that means they deserve lesser treatment but rather any review and feedback system would be flooded with the same idiots being difficult. 

 

So the reality of this suggestion would be the officers and bogie filtering out the few useful suggestions and feedback from the flood of twats like bigjaw spamming senseless drivel. 

 

Rather than you know, actually doing their jobs and what they're meant to be doing

 

 

 

pdk [3626257]

i never said anyone replied to a report like that. im saying that being a volunteer doesnt mean u can treat people like u want. I said that if i were to volunteer to handle reports and did it badly its not justified by me being a volunteer

pdk [3626257]

im sure you would feel differently if u read the posts

 

people who bs the system get banned. that way all karma is actually useful. constructive criticism

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Why are you assuming that's how things operate? 

This whole idea just wastes time and reduces a staff members ability to moderate impartially and wastes my time having to add a pointless extra layer of micromanagement.

 

I already monitor staff activity and we have existing systems in place for disputing actions or reporting staff violations.

 

This is just a pointless system to solve a non existent problem that you invented.

pdk [3626257]

and how do we report the staff if we dont know who handled the report? is it such a bad idea to get feedback on whether the community feels that their reports were handled correctly? ive had some report answers that left me even more confused and i had to ask the community on forums. its just a way to improve how staff answer the reports. 

 

imagine X staff answers reports, checks everything they need to check, they feel theyre doign a good job-and they are. But then what they type to the players isnt very clear and they dont realise. Most of the reports theyll handle will be resolved, but the players wont feel like it (and half of the point of reporting is gettign someone with authority to solve something u couldnt solve yourself-if you dont see its solved even though it has been solved, ur gonna feel exactly the same as when u wrote the report). Now imagine this person gets some negative karma. Someone else checks the downvotes and most of them say that they arent sure whether it was resolved, as the answer wasnt clear. X sees this and decides to spend 5 more secs on each report typing a bit mroe so the player knows whats going on. Happier community, no toxicity.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

You can file warning dispute reports. I believe this is even explained there when receiving report responses.

 

You can use the existing review system.

 

You can report it to myself or Julie.

 

How exactly do I differentiate between what is a bad response or just someone not liking the answer they're given? I could have a staff member doing all reports perfectly but having negative karma because the reporter is a top tier karen who thinks anyone who attacked them should be banned, or thinks that something that offended them personally should be a violation when it just isn't.

 

Why should I have to waste my time filtering through this.

 

All you're going to achieve here is causing staff to be reluctant to deal with more reports resulting in worse responses, slower responses and less staff impartiality.

 

I understand why you think this is a good idea, but evidently you either don't work in people management or do and wonder why your employees avoid you.

 

I am telling you in a real world and practical environment it isn't. I have no desire to add pointless busywork to my workload, additional and pointless anxiety to my staff with stupid micromanagement and just overall create a worse staff setup.

pdk [3626257]

Well thanks for looking at it bogie, ig its not the best idea :(

 

Ill try think of something better or just drop it.

 

Robbo [1826175]

its not the case, I've been posting in the forums for over a decade and theres a constant stream of threads on staff, I'd like to think because of that I have more insight than you do.

 

in a perfect world its a great idea, unfortunately torn is full of idiots who will always act in bad faith with staff. The few constructive reports will be lost in a myriad of arseholes being upset they didn't get their way.

 

if that moron bigjawis supporting your idea, you have problems. They are the best example possible of someone who would abuse the shit out of this feature because they're an over invested child who spits the dummy out when they don't get their way

PedroXimenez [3391983] Committee Committee

 if my account gets hacked fck me ig thats ur opinion? if i volunteer to handle reports rn and answer every single one with "f**k u idgaf"

...

someone hacked into my account and my report answer looks like this: "Think of a better password." (Not a real example just an exageratedly bad response-this never happened that i know of)

 

Robbo [1826175]

I think an NPC designed to answer common staffer issues would be a better idea for torn, they already have the chat bots on some NPCs

 

I guess it would take some time to upload the questions and correct answers but once its set, players could use it to clarify rules or ask basic questions

 

I understand wanting to keep these interactions onto real people, but standardising responses to faq's is also a positive move regardless and I think that is already happening 

Aezur [1950769]

There's always a thread about some staff member targeting some player for some reason or another. I don't think in my time here it has ever transpired that the root problem wasn't the player being either misinformed or a massive prick. Granted, I haven't read all of them, but enough to notice the pattern.

Azeyma [3803453]

This is one of the worst suggestions I've ever seen. The extent that it would be abused by these morons who don't like being told the truth is laughable to even conceive. 

Snare [177339]

Correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying to report the problem staff to staff, so that staff can investigate the problem staff and find out if the problem staff is in the wrong?

 

Would make sense for torn but just want some clarity lmao!

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Considering you already received a warning for abuse of report functions a few months ago, after repeatedly being told and refusing to accept the trade forum guidelines, you are exactly the kind of problem player this system would be ruined by, so I appreciate someone such as yourself chiming in to prove the point.