Only a couple days to go. Are you excited for the event? What preparations have you made? What are you looking forward to doing?
After the fun ride that was 2023, and the disappointment of the annulment in 2024, I've personally made all preparations to no-life this. Still have the Halloween cans plus a bunch of weapons I need XP on. I've got my RL stash of cans ready too, and am ready to be the subject of final warnings from my job, eviction notices, divorce papers, and missing person reports - all for the joy of Elimination.
Shoutout to my Hivemind pals, hope to see you again this year!
Elimination Hype Thread
Started by BoonieSteep [2947669] Reporter on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 59
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 38 / 100
- Story score
- 61 / 100
- Engagement score
- 77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- yoyoYossarian [2897328]
· 9 likes ·
PJ responded in a different thread, it looks like the summer newsletter gave a lot of the details you were looking for. I missed it too, I never read those, just click the energy. But yeah, here it is :D … - Lantian [3029152]
· 7 likes ·
Not excited, only want to join to get some merits. Honestly, it's an E and time wasting event with no real return other than the merits for most. - Jokur [1667842]
· 2 likes ·
Quote which number is the G.O.A.T? such negative karma.... Ninjas 2017: 2nd Place with 777 Kills (1st in Team) Toothpaste 2020: 9th Place with 666 Kills (1st in Team) Totally Boned 2022: 5th Place with 1337 Kills (1st in Team)
No suck yo momma mentos option? R-
Chicken Nuggies don't die, we multiply!
Not excited, only want to join to get some merits.
Honestly, it's an E and time wasting event with no real return other than the merits for most.
Not everything’s about returns. Have you tried having fun?
For me an attacking event with no value is not considered fun.
I love Halloween because its fun to see how many treats I get for an attack.
Fair, not everything needs to be about return though.
For me, competing to win something is fun, which is why I have all the merits. I love fighting but f**k me is it so much to ask to give me a something to fight for as a reason?
Very exited indeed!
Maybe I have Ched Stockholm Syndrome but for me the lack of significant rewards makes it be the closest thing to pure gameplay fun there is out there. While everything else in Torn is a ten thousand year marathon, Elimination is the mandala you meticulously build and then destroy two weeks in, only to be left with the memories of a good time.
That said, I wouldn't say no to a couple more awards, especially some that are not so random like being on the winning team or so challenging like being in the top 5% (which I didn't get, only got to top 7%).
Do we have to sign up or anything, or is everyone entered by default? I want to make sure I’m included!
An event tab should show up soon
Do i need to stack energy from now ? Or do i have time for that?
Real ones know it's 1732
Real real ones know its 80085 on an old graphing calculator.
I say 8008135 is funniest.
You don't right now, you'll have time when the event actually begins to prepare.
Top 5% about to get a hella lot more competitive with m'aol crates.
Give us an end-game level merit like 100b stats with Elim, like make 6,666 total hits in Elims. (That's still a bit less than hunting 100 oh god what have I done with my poor energy) 166,650 E
If you can add 100 crime merits, surely you can add 1 more for heavy hitting.
Yall talking about elims im thinking about christmas town right now :)