Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Elimination Hype Thread

Started by BoonieSteep [2947669] Reporter on in General Discussion.

58 replies · 1.01k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Biggus--Dickus [2226155]

Thats cool. There still could have been some sort of announcement about it. Dont try to pretend this isnt a giant shit show. The event is 2 days away and zero info from actual people who matter.

Omanpx [1906686]

4th paragraph of the newspaper article, don't be a drama queen. Yes, this is shaping up to be yet another shitty release from Torn, but what did you expect?

 

"The Torn City Times will be publishing a newbie's guide to the 2025 event in due course. "

Biggus--Dickus [2226155]

Apparently expecting transparency has become too much. Being a drama queen worked so...

 

Also forth paragraph is just another dumb story about past events. I want to know whats going on this year.

cankles [2137519]

Got an extra pitchfork? I'll join you. RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH

 

Here's a guide for anyone interested.

 

On the 5th, attack any 5 or so people then click a button to join a random team.

A new chatroom opens up where you can read and spam in.

During the event, you get to spend a lot of time in the hospital and watch the score ticker for fun.

A couple of noobs and veterans are going to work way too hard to make your team win but it'll all far apart from political betrayal by Monarch.

 

There is no reason to opt out and train since our battlestats have no meaning at all. This is one of the few times to legitimately use them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wood [2175573]

This will be my second or third Elimination event and this will be the first time I have enough battle stats to really contribute. My first 5-6 years of Torn were almost exclusively a grind for money. I've been on the "training train" for a while now and want to see what my stats are worth these days.

 

Former Hivemind Member from 2023.

Pasta-Man [2758734]

I have participated in two eliminations after missing the first one since I joined the game. I loved every moment of it and had no life for both times I joined. Last year I came in first place and had the top 5% of attacks made. I took on a helper role and really went all in spending nearly 3/4 of a billion dollars, and no regrets. 

 

That being said, I do not think I will participate in it this year. From everything we know so far, the only change will be an official voting system to vote for the leader of a team. I'm not sure how this helps anything especially since there was a voting system in the past that was done in an unofficial poll, so I don't see how this is really an addition. On top of the fact it's happening during Duke's dump giveaway is kind of a big letdown. I already have all the merits and I'm not interested in joining another joke of an event, where after close to 2 years, there is no update or change to the actual way the event runs despite all the known problems. 

 

I'm still hoping there is indeed changes that wasn't mentioned yet and they want to surprise us, but if it really is the same, I'm out and that's a big disappointment for me because this was an event I looked forward to all year, every year.

Thorfinn- [3498417]

That is fantastic, I think many have missed that.

Personally I am going to skip out and let the beta run it's course, taking part next year if it does indeed happen again. 

AstroTheNomer [3221506]

I would say I’m excited but I still don’t know if I should join.

I don’t even know what the original elims were like, let alone the changes to this new version of elims

from my understanding it would include a lot of attacking, similar to Halloweek, but is it worth it at all? I only know about the merits