Dinner with you
Elims rewards, what rewards
Started by Matty_h [48911] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 274 / 274 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Mentions: Pea's Giveaway: 500m (entries closed)
The biggest reward now would be the drama if D3vl and Shindig get into the same team.
If that happens, please leak the internal team chats
Obviously the real.reward is the friends we make along the way! Big events like elimination are a great way to build meaningful connections and help and support (new) players in growing and working as a team.
If you play it well you get back all effort you put in. If pack of rewards is a reason not to participate, no one will blame you not force you to join anyways.
WWE style belts
Masks? Special elims items? (Maybe a special "keepsake*" or two of the most notable players from each team)
Maybe something cool like everyone who took part and got over a % gets atleast something basic like a 6 pack of energy drinks or cans..
I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't something I could sell, just something that is special and could be worn on a person, maybe a special helmet or chest that represents the team you was on / how well your team did? 😊
*Don't actually mean keepsake just couldn't think of a better word for it, trophy maybe? 🤔
this rewards for top players under 1 year irks me as one of the many who is to old for them and not old enough to have been here for the last elims ... feels a lot like ageism
Meh, to even register I have to attack 5 people.
My brother in ched I have real war tomorrow, I am not f**king attacking anyone today. Get f**ked.
It's a tough position to be in, but this is how I see it.
Halloween is by far everyones' favourite event because of the value it pays for your energy. Elimination is another huge attacking event, and it doesn't 'benefit' people if people aren't compensated for the energy they spend. It's more resource intensive than halloween, which means it costs players more if they intend to go all-out (needles ect) and as it's not a mandatory thing (I know halloween isn't mandatory, but pretty much all HoF factions push for chaining at halloween making it pretty hard to avoid) those people are also falling behind in stats.
Truthfully I think halloween is going to curse any attacking event because as we all know, a comparison is going to be drawn to halloween. Comparison being the thief of joy. I suppose the best way I can think of to mitigate this is to have separate resources for elimination and outside of Torn. Separate resources in the sense that you'd have a separate energy bar that can only be used for attacking in eliminations. However, you will also get that energy in your normal energy bar. So taking a xanax will grant 250 energy that you can still train, and 250 energy that can be used to attack in elimination. Same with boosters. Maybe it's a shit idea, but I feel like the majority of people who don't want to participate is because of it not being worth it. Atleast this way, they wouldn't be missing out and could still sign up and enjoy the event.
Maybe it'd be too difficult to implement, or maybe it's something you've thought of before. But just an idea I'm throwing out there, that I think any additional attacking events that don't draw the same monetary gain as halloween could use to incentivise people to play as essentially they wouldn't be missing out in terms of training ect.
Special or unique rewards such as unique items, properties, honor bars, titles, profile backgrounds, etc. Anything that I can say only I have, or that is difficult/expensive for others to get years down the line.
Bröther this is your game. Figure it out.
You require expending 125E to even participate, let alone the amount of energy spend on the event itself.
People on the higher end of the game will probably participate, but there's no real incentive for broke or younger players who are better off just skipping it and training or using their energy elsewhere that they actually have something to gain.
The reason Halloween is a successful event is because there's actual rewards. You're asking people to beta test an event for basically nothing.
As a new player I think enough events have far too many rewards.
If an event needs rewards for players to join, maybe focus on making events more fun so they don't need rewards.
Of course that would require you to remove all the entitled players as well.
Brother you are complaining that an event you don't have to participate in isn't giving you a high enough ROI.
Ched's explained his issue with traditional reward choices and a search for alternatives, and your response is essentially "double down on traditional choices"
Material rewards are either completely worthless or massive overkill depending on the player's account status and level of wealth. Ideally, the rewards would be somewhat immaterial, like merits, weapon mods, mission credits, or special ammo, since these tend to have value for all players. The real challenge is designing a reward system that doesn't intrude on other areas. For example, if we handed out a large number of special refills, it would reduce the value of special refills, regular refills, and energy in general. Likewise, if we created a new system that granted bonuses similar to Merits, Faction Trees, or Company Specials, it would effectively dilute those systems instead. I hope that makes sense. I'm looking forward to seeing feedback after this year's Elimination.
For at least some, the 'gain' will be the enjoyment of taking part in something different to just grinding stats and money. Having some fun playing a game rather than feeling like just working a second job.
That is not an issue I believe, as you can still register tomorrow after doing 5 attacks in your war
Ched has pretty consistently made anti-player decisions for years now. His issue isn't with traditional rewards, it's with making some of the money instead of ALL of the money.
Energy is the most valuable resource in the game that is literally time gated. The more people waste on an event that pays out nothing, the more it pumps the economy and empties pockets. Stop acting like this is a game choice and not a business choice.
If he was that interested in money he'd have upped DP prices in line with inflation
Your arguments read like someone panicking that the government is gonna steal all his money through taxes
Not to mention that Ched's gameplay argument is still valid
No he just leaves their torn price static as inflation increases in torn, meaning your Real life cash is worth less torn cash
Bless my RNG with better luck
You are GOD after all