Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Elimination question

Started by Nitebreeze [3363363] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 131 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
Nitebreeze [3363363]

Is there in game communication for teams or is all communication done thru discord. 

Static [711045]

There's a team forum and a team chat just like you have for your faction.

 

But, just like many factions, the most important comms are likely to be via discord.

Nitebreeze [3363363]

Thank you for the replies I've been deciding if i should join eliminations but the cost and communications are 2 of the main issues making me decide not to

Nitebreeze [3363363]

Most of that is locked up in the bank and spent on stock blocks that I don't really want to sell. I plan on starting a company after I'm done with the educations so I need to start saving for 2 more stock blocks. Like I said I'm a cheapskate.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Well, nobody is forcing you to use Xanax. And you can always ask your teammates for some. So long as you're actively participating people will generally help fund you during the event. 

Level100Coochie [2983838]

ill assume you would be using xans to train otherwise bc... you should be, not worth saving for a company if you can't afford your 3xans a day.

If you're concerned about missing a week of training, valid. You for sure set your training back by participating. But if you like fighting, banter, politics, and networking, which I'm pretty sure you do based on what I remember  from your forum activity... elims is a really fun special event and worth participating in at least once. For young, active accounts it's your best shot at a 'coming out party' for future opportunities and networking, and it's a rare chance to compete against the best on what is relatively an even playing field.

The only reason I got into Catalysis, and Wolf Pack before that was from connections I made in my first elims. Most of my best mentors and friends I met during, or at least in connection to elims. You may not even have any interest now in joining a HoF alliance, but you never know the way those connections and lessons can improve your game experience in game this long. 

If you got the time to participate, and throw yourself at it, I think it's definitely worth it, and like Ohadik said, eager poor players tend to get funded through it anyways.

Nitebreeze [3363363]

Appreciate that my main concern is the communication. I don't want to let the team down because I'm not doing what the team wants me to be doing. 

Nitebreeze [3363363]

Absolutely inspiring hopefully I get on a team that dosnt mind me not being on the discord. 

 

Opps wasn't supposed to let it be known what team I'm on 

Level100Coochie [2983838]

if you listen to your leads and push captains in team chat no one will notice if you aren't on discord. You'll definitely miss out on prizes, gifts, and unhinged NSFW channels, but that's your discretion.