Just finished a nice little family meal, and came back to being told I'm in the newspaper!
There I was, thinking I'm now one of the torn elites, but then I read the bloody thing.
THE SLANDER! THE LIES!
LEAKY CAKE? My cakes are always perfectly baked!
Before I get too offended by the obscene allegation that I am a terrible cook, lets discuss the elephant in the room!
I AM NOT SELLING SECRETS!
I was asked nicely by TheFelan [945786] to help make a verification bot for his elimination server, and as I am a freak who frankly spends too much time programming for this game, I said yes.
And there I was, spending my afternoon making a discord bot for an event i'm not even part of, something I did because I just like to see people appreciate what I do. Just to be treated like this!
An infamous Helper with the name Glandem [2753716] spoke up.
Never would I have imagined someone would be so mad saying 'YOU ARE NOT A REAL CUPCAKE!'.
Then arose a massive suspicion upon name, cupcakes outcried! Pitchforks raised, I was shunned from a community I swore only to help.
Besides the point, and treat this as almost a TLDR.
I made a few bots for the event for Cupcakes, and also Pacifists, which are STILL in use and funnily enough quite appreciated.
None of my bots, and myself as in individual, do anything to negatively impact, rig, torment, troll or spy.
I chose to participate in the event as more of a PR stunt, to show people I may not have interacted with before, who do not know my name, that I can create things that will help with their torn experience.
To conclude, I think this may have still been a success, I hope these allegations extinguish as fast as Discord taking action against the Murder Hornets server.
love u all, aquagloop. <3
edit:
[image: media1.giphy.com]
Cupcakes Newspaper Scandal.
Started by Kingfisher [3745687] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 23
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 53 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 74 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- RavenMorgan3 [2891916]
· 2 likes ·
To be fair, you did allow Heasley to review your codes in Pacifists. It’s pretty reasonable for someone to wonder why someone outside the team is doing their bots. I mean look at what happened to the Murder Hornets Discord, …
Mentioned in this thread
I trust aquagloop, saved me from doing it.
A nice little family meal, you say?
What's the reason for this slander in the paper? Enjoying a succulent Chinese meal?!
IDK what you're talking about. The newspaper would never make stuff up like it was an even 6v6, pink power flipped and now it's 7v5 with pink power on the 5 side 🤣
can't believe your cakes are gloopy, you should bake them for longer
It's the extra aqua.
I'm more shocked nothing has been leaked from 2 teams yet. Cmon people, get that gossip out!
I dunno... He's in Monarch, can he even be trusted!?!
credit to sugarvalves that article was the first interesting thing I read from the newspaper all year
Helps that 80% of it is from people other than himself
To be fair, you did allow Heasley to review your codes in Pacifists. It’s pretty reasonable for someone to wonder why someone outside the team is doing their bots.
I mean look at what happened to the Murder Hornets Discord, yikes
Also not so cool you used your admin permissions to change her Discord name & asked people to start diss’ing her for questioning it.
But I appreciate your help with Pacifists. Hope you & G can make things cool because she is one of the dopest people in Torn & is a fierce fighter. A total asset to any team.
& you’re a great coder.
“Can’t we all just get along?”
The murder hornets discord was deleted for pornography.. nothing related to me!
I changed her discord name as a joke temporarily, can't we have a lil fun?
You were one of the loudest people talking up against me being suspicious in Pacifists haha, appreciate you calling me a great coder now!
All good though, all jokes aside glad to help out. Been a pleasure so far apart from the drama.
First we have the Murder Hornies.
Now you're saying we have the Cuckcakes?
(I believe you)
Wait, we're not allowed to change peoples nicknames in our servers?????
Team Cupcakes hard at work
Who did my boy Aqua wrong?
There will be consequences!
Aqua is one of the most helpful and trustworthy people. Saddened to see his name smeared for nothing.
This is democracy manifest! STOP GRABBING MY CUPCAKE!