Not sure if a bug or intent Ed, but not sure where else to post.
Even though my attacks are stealth, they do show up in the other teams Revenge list.
Started by MK88 [2786560] on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Not sure if a bug or intent Ed, but not sure where else to post.
Even though my attacks are stealth, they do show up in the other teams Revenge list.
It is intended, Revenge list would not be of any use if your name showed up as Someone over there. Similarly, it would also not be appropriate to hide your name completely from the Revenge list because you did 100 stealth attacks against a team. The team needs to know who has been targeting them with multiple hits.
Thanks!
Out of curiosity, why does the targeted team need to know who has been stealth attacking them? All other attacking advantages seem to be in play, and stealth having no effect means that spending merits on stealth, reading the stealth book, and using the music store stealth perk would be useless.
I second this. Having your hits being visible to your own team sure, and if a spy in the team decides to share your actions with the class then tough luck for the would-be stealther. But I can't really see any reason for the opposing team to be straight up entitled to the information.
If that is the case why are stealth hits completely hidden on the recent attacks list?
FYI. There's a really old post in which Ched stated how stealth should be accounted for in the Revenge list. Namely, the list should show which team attacked, but not the specific stealthed attacker.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=15983549&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=17283911
Mentions: Bug with Stealth/Elimination
Isn't that the exact point of stealth?
I like to think of stealth and currently how it plays into eliminations like this:
"I need to gain points but I don't want the enemy to impede on my goal in anyway. I will use my dexterity, select a high stealth rated weapon, maybe use a silencer, maybe even put merits into stealth and make attacks on players who likely can't detect me."
Torn: HEY! JOESKULL IS BLASTING Y'ALL! I WON'T TELL YOU WHO SPECIFICALLY HE'S HITTING BUT HE IS f**kING YOUR TEAM UP!
Me: 😑
This seems ideal. Team, but not the member.
You could apply that same logic to a ranked war
"it would also not be appropriate to hide your name completely from the Revenge list because you did 100 stealth attacks against a team."
I mean...that seems exactly appropriate. Stealthing 100 hits in a row takes a fair bit of deliberate play, merits, luck, maybe even a book... stealth is already functionally useless the vast majority of the time, why would that not be rewarded in one of the few setttings it makes sense to care about it. I don't use stealth myself and I do use the revenge list but let's ve serious: rather the revenge list be useless for target selection than stealth be useless for avoiding targeting given one is one-off mechanic of an event in beta and the other is a fleshed out mechanic with significant investment required to optimize.
Funny enough, the bug report linked above here which describes the exact same issue, is marked as "fixed".
What was it fixed to, and if it was fixed in a way to work opposite what you are saying is intended, when was it "fixed" back to the current status?
Presumably, I'm not old enough to have seen those changes.
Mentions: Bug with Stealth/Elimination
We have penciled in a change for next year based on internal discussion. It is too late to make changes there for this year.