Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Can we not.

Started by Empress_Finlia [446605] on in General Discussion.

35 replies · 848 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 36 / 36 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Qara [2787076]

Again, making it about you.  My apologies to you, Empress_Finlia.  Karen has no class.  No one should receive messages like that in Discord over a game.

Kingfisher [3745687]

00:16:58 - 14/12/25 You sent a Feathery Hotel Coupon to Empress_Finlia with the message: Be proud to be you! Stupid people here don’t think. I’m sorry you had to go through that. DMs open anytime❤️

have a good Christmas if you celebrate! And to anyone reading too:) 

 

lets be nice to one another! It’s a game after all..

 

edit: 

 

just to add, my personal experience of homophobia and transphobia on Torn has been shocking. Having an opinion so full of hate for others is one thing, but directly expressing that to anyone is just crossing the line. I can understand people hold these values for religious reasons or how they were raised, and I pity them, holding so much anger towards people that you dont even know.. 

 

If you are reading this and your immediate thoughts are negative, take a deep breath, and think for a second and sympathise with who you hold these feelings towards, they are human, just like you, and they deserve the respect and kindness we all should get. 

 

 

Sammy-The-Cow [3882597]

Every gaming community I've seen has that small group of shitstains that will use every low blow possible, either because they think it'll give them some sort of psychological edge, or because they're hateful lost causes that know their lives away from the screen amounts to little more than oxygen thievery.

 

Easier said than done, but aside from reporting them as everyone here suggested, just know, if they give shit, they really aint shit.

Pinguux [2331130]

[image: i.postimg.cc]

 

Also to the main point of this post -

 

Empress it's awful if those things were said to you and I hope you do report them all..

 

That doesn't belong in Torn and I hope those people are held accountable for there actions..

 

Make sure you report all of them also, that hateful language doesn't belong in this game period.

 

I hope your okay also and If you ever do wanna talk about anything my door is open 🚪💜 

Wenno [2757277]

That's shit. It's crazy to me the lengths some people go to harass people over a game, especially when they hide behind anonymity. People clearly are far too comfortable wishing the most diabolical things on people when they know it won't go back to them.

 

Half the time I'm sure that anon messages in Torn don't get punished, when we all know the only reason anom events exist is to harass. It's complete shit and yes they can be ignored but it can still just ruin your mood ect. As for the shit outside of Torn, even worse really. But yeah, it feels to me like the staff on Torn don't really give a shit about harassment unless it garners attention on the forum or involves another staff member despite Squidy's personal take.

 

If they really gave a shit, the #1 harassment tool in Torn (anon dollars) would have been removed or reworked a while ago. Maybe they're just waiting for someone to off themselves due to harassment before Ched gets it in his head that maybe anonymous events provide nothing but suffering towards people. Sure wouldn't surprise me when it happens, not if it happens. 

Yevgeny [3701780]

I mean it's the internet, you are in a game which is primarily text based perhaps maybe you should have thicker skin in 2025, I would love to share my inbox with you so that you know your experience is not unique, humans are just bastards it's apart of the human experience.

Romarocky [3152013]

Leader role is not easy. They get applause when things goes well but they get all the blame when things go bad.

 

Someone can criticize what was done by their leaders in game but going beyond that with insults and harrassment is not acceptable.

 

Make a report for those messagges. People like that are not welcome in torn.

Bnxn [3814155]

I had a near experience to a situation like this and when I reported to Torn staff they said nothing can be done about it cause it's in discord. And I should report to discord staff 

 

THEN WHY TF IS MY TORN ID STUCK TO MY DISCORD ACCOUNT NAME!!!!

Simik13l [3193350]

Oh my... I mean. I would have really tried if I did get the captain spot. But, I didn't know the first thing about it and wasn't about to go into leading elims with 0 knowledge. I really can't believe the nerve of people! Don't let them get to you sweetheart. I think you're a very nice and genuine woman and people really don't appreciate the courage it takes to be like us, especially because most everyone around is so negative and homophobic and transphobic. I'm so sorry Finlia, if you EVER need to talk, I'm angry for you. Because you and I got on well chatting strats and getting prepped for the fight, you really had our teams best interest in mind, and I respected that so much.

 

Put your crown back on, show them what royalty looks like. 👑💅

Simik13l [3193350]

I've dealt with the same issue being Ace in Torn, like whenever people can't win an argument because they lack inherent knowledge. They sling character diminishing insults. And honestly, it's sad and pathetic that such weak minded people exist.

 

Like... You really couldn't come up with something relevant to the conversation, so you're going to insult my character. Please darling, no one can hate me more than I hate myself. It's a scientific fact, but I digress, the more you hate me the stronger I get. I once read a quote,  "suicide is never the answer, you have to outlive your enemies." I uhh... I like that one, I've been fighting this fight since I was 14, I won't go into great detail. But you really don't know what people experience in their lives.

 

We can all stand to be just a little kinder to each other. You don't have to agree with the decisions people make in their lives, but it's not yours to concern yourself with. Do better.

Sammy-The-Cow [3882597]

Ok, the whole scheme you tried to get everyone to quit their elimination teams was kinda funny, but comparing the flaming youre getting in response to that to somene being attacked for how they identify is funny in all the wrong ways. f**k off with that.