Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Punchbags - Get Knocked Out

Started by Aleks-ODBird [2259658] on in General Discussion.

58 replies · 1.55k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Lazon [3116319]

Was a crazy ride, some awesome work put in on all levels. Proud to have been a part of the team. Shout-out to Rake and Pinguux for leading the push leaders in activity and effort, shout-out to our leads and council who put in record hours, shout-out to our coders and comms team for helping make the team more coheaive and capable. 

 

Until next year punchbaggers! 

OriginalLazy [2848526]

PUNCHBAGS BEST 2025 ELIMINATION TEAM ON TORN!!!!!!!!!!

 

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

 

It was a pleasure to be part of this team, and as a second time elimination player (first time I was low level, and way too new into Torn), I'm proud to have netted 123 attacks for the team, out of my own pocket.

 

Hopefully, next year, I'm able to output more attacks on the next elimination team (with better stats to do so of course).

 

Another cool thing that happened on this elimination, was having the opportunity to be on the same team as my faction leader "Cernunnos", and the famous penguin player "Pinguux", which is a personal hero of mine, for liking penguins as well.

 

I thank everyone on the Punchbags team for the effort, and allowing me to be part of it.

 

I hope I get the chance to fight alongside these fine people once again.

Mentions: Cernunnos [341946] · Pinguux [2331130]

JohnXina [1585088]

Folks just wanted to say it's been a pleasure being your Milkshake cheerleader. While we didn't win I know that our team was the best out of the lot. I love the energy and the strategies our leadership had put in place and just know that forever you are loved by me. 

 

I am so proud of the whole team too by making sure we force out every single drop of milk while they were busy away shaking the enemies violently. I hope that next year (given we all end up in the same team again) win.

 

Much Love,

Your lover CumMilkshake69

Anthony14 [2769349]

It was a pleasure folks. Not even all my prayers to Beezus could save us in the end but it was an honor to fight with you guys. The morale was high from start to the bitter end. Punchingbags forever!❤️

 

Huggies and kissies, 

Anthony14

 

fuck [2669774]

what a pathetic message. you willingly went along with the n vs 1 strat . what did they think was gonna happen once that 1 was gone? the same thing would happen to some other team who also thought they "were trusting the plan". talking about a fair fight when you just gangbanged another team.

 

 

WildHare [2173250]

It was a real privilege everyone.  The best teamwork I've seen in elimination.  The effort of everyone there was fantastic.  We had a tech team pulling data and getting reports to everyone quickly, which informed all of the hard work across the team.  push leaders used it and worked their butts off to make sure we were the most efficient at pushing on the tick of any team in the competition (we were).  The comms team used it to put in the repeated efforts to have us with the fewest zero hitters and fewest with <10 attacks throughout most of the competition.  Everyone putting in the effort made those pushes and attacks happen. The council was there to share information, brainstorm, or forward ideas from everyone on the team.  We all listened, we all learned, and worked well together with zero drama.  I know, boring for everyone else in torn, but a damn pleasure to be a part of.
I didn't run for captain because I knew it required a ridiculous amount of effort and beyond that wouldn't expect to be voted in.  I wouldn't have voted for me.  I wanted to help somewhat more than just dumping my energy into attacks though, so I volunteered for council.  And then, as mentioned, I was asked to step into leadership when jd left.  So with what time I was able to give, including some sleep, I tried to look for the best thing I could be doing for the team in my role at any given time.  Often the best thing I could do is tell all of the team how great of a job you were doing.  Or re-assuring folks concerned about why we had so many fewer players in our team; that it was because we were able to remove more bleeders than any other team by the efforts of our comms team.  Or explaining, in detail, why tickets mattered less for us than being on the bottom of attacks for tiebreakers for most of the competition.  I feel like I learned a great deal from being on this team this year and wouldn't trade that for any other team, even the #1 merit I still need to snag.

Thanks punchbags for a great elimination experience.

11 out of 10 team, would recommend. ("this one goes to 11")

fuck [2669774]

Even tho it is currently benefitting my team, I can see the unfairness to the team victims to this. I won't be crying about fairness when/if hornets succumb to the same fate 

Canixe [3753120]

Pathetic is going down without a fight! We went down swinging and trying every possible approach possible to get back on our feets, it didn't work, as other strategies also didn't work, which is ok, but surely not pathetic

PhoqueYou [3366164]

This was my first elim, and I don't think I could've had a better team. The Punchbags were amazing and the chat was a ton of fun.

 

Shout-out to our leaders (great job guys), Pinguux (the only time our fighting felt good was when he was leading) and Toes (for all the your mum jokes, made the chat so enjoyable).

 

11 out of 10 experience, would definitely join Punchbags again.

 

Edit: Also I got the last message before we got eliminated. Very proud of myself for that. Message was "Goodbye to your mum" XD

Sin_Vida [1016728]

Had a great time on this team. It was fun working with others I normally wouldn’t see. This was my first elim and it was nice trying something different from the normal RW cycle. Leadership from my perspective was well organized and committed until the hand we were dealt just wasn’t in our favor. The general sense of camaraderie in Discord to the end was nice to see.

 

Would gladly fight alongside this group any time. 

_Nimue_ [3666093]

They say boards don't hit back, but you guys sure did ! You went down swinging, and that's all that matters. You broke the Punchbag curse, y'all can be very proud of that.

Dwell [2738097]

Huge shout-out to leadership. You guys did a Steller job., dispite a major setback early on. It was great seeing everyone come together,  and go for it from every angle. I'm proud of the hits I made, and every member should be too. We fought right to end and really make the breakfast club earn their spot above us. 

 

 

Except the trolls. I'll see you guys again, and again and again. Every chain and Halloween, the punch bags will keep on punching. 

JDWV [2029519]

I feel like i should make a post at this point but I'm in debate about it. Had I just been a normal member of the team it wouldn't have mattered but being voted capt and my position in 39th i have caught some flak. I feel like my explanation has floated around somewhat but not fully. To provide full context:


I had a mental break. I forgot to take my meds for two days in a row. I originally told myself I would join elim but I did. the i impulsively put myself on the who wants to be capt forum. I didn't expect it to get that much attention and i leaned into it. I had to help pull my friend out of suicidal situation in ICU, father in hospital for spinal cancer, wife's grandmother back in ICU, a couple clients i serve with developmental disabilities had crisis situations where two wound up homeless due various reasons and another died... I just had a break and knew had I stayed I would have dragged them down or did nothing. 

 

Its been four days since my antidepressants were doubled to help compensate. My father is being scheduled for surgery as they determined the tumor is far enough away from his spine they can remove it without too much an issue and it hasn't spread though at one point i had to go a little Karen on them with his sugar being over 300 for two days with no insulin being given... My two clients are now in a home getting staffing support. My wife's grandmother has been moved to a normal room. 

 

When I say I crashed out, I fully mean it. I deleted most of my discord servers and demoted myself in the faction. Kasto promoted me back to Colead2. I'm starting to feel somewhat better but not near 100 percent. Work is a grind right now and it is hard to focus. 

 

Congratulations on making it as far as you all did. Y'all did amazing work.

Lazon [3116319]

One of the hardest things about life is dealing with things that are outside your control. Shit ain't easy. Taking the responsibility of leading a large group of people in a highly active event on top of that can for sure be overwhelming. 

 

I don't blame you, and I'm sure the rest of Punchbags lead/council/staff don't either. In the early days before things kicked off you were still actively engaged and involved, being a core part of creating a team out of a group of people that had just been thrown together. Make a team we did, one I'm very proud to say I was a part of.

 

I'm glad to hear things are coming back around to stability. We didn't get to fight side by side this time, but there's always the future. 

SurferH2O [42164]

Well done Punchbags... have a great Christmas Season.

 

You guys had Malice on your team and didn't tap him for leadership?  You should have forced it on him.  I'll bet $34 this team could have won it all had you realized what you had.

 

Ah well, live and learn.  Did he cut his attacks that usually range around 1,000 in elims down to far less?